PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get an email to return to this project?

Brucifer
02-07-2006, 06:05 AM
Anyway, I did. So for ha ha's, I put a couple old P4's on it.

Bruce

NeoGen
02-07-2006, 06:06 AM
You mean Einstein or Pirates?

I didn't get email from neither...

vaughan
02-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Yeah I got a stupid one addressed to "Dear ballen" that said among other things it was noticed I hadn't run Einstein@home for some time. Well yeah you dumba$$es I tried changing my e-mail address and went around in circles so in the end I gave up running it. All my other BOINC projects use the same e-mail address but E@H won't allow me to switch to it. Stupid project. Their very unhelpful forum members responded with some lame excuse like " its meant to work that way"

The e-mail conclused with 100s of repeats of :

To opt out of future emails from Einstein@Home, please edit your project preferences at http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/prefs.php?subset=project

NeoGen
02-07-2006, 07:41 AM
some time ago I changed my email in all boinc projects I could.
I checked it now and my email on Einstein was changed, so I guess it worked for me...

vaughan
02-07-2006, 07:56 AM
How did you do it? I even tried asking our team Founder to change it but he was unable. emails to Einstein get lost in cyberspace. Bruce Allen doesn't seem to like to reply.

NeoGen
02-07-2006, 08:18 AM
I did the same thing like in every other project...
You log in, go to your info and click on the option to change email address... then you have to type in the new email and password I think, then they send us a confirmation mail with a link that we have to click on to confirm the change, and that's it...

BlackAdder
02-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Yea I got one of those too...the Dear Ballen thing they apologised for on their web site...a scripting error. I haven't run it for a while so I reattached ...for a while anyway :D I still like the FAAH but once again I would rather run cancer projects.Personally I thing they are treating cancer the wrong way...I think there is something in your body , a poison like substance which makes your cells mutate , get rid of the poison and the cells should go back to normal. Treating cancer with chemo is barbaric...but there is no money in a simple cure that is why I think it is treated that way.O well just my rant for the day...

Brucifer
02-07-2006, 08:26 PM
ya, you shouldn't have had a problem changing your email addy. Well I'll leave a couple systems on it for a short while anyway. At least Bruce Allen pitched an email, which is more than many other projects out there. Some of them the last you hear is the confirmation url they send you, and then that doesn't even work. :) Half dozen one the other I guess...

Brucifer
02-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Hmmm.... Today I received another email from the Einstein Bruce. And I'd been putting in sume results. I guess they aren't matching their emails to their production database.... ???? So I just moved the systems back over to llrnet on PSP. heh heh