PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 on Primegrid!

NeoGen
02-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Due to the continuous effort in the last few weeks by Damaddog, DMMc et all (fancy expression I picked up in maths forums...lol) we have reached the Top 10 in Primegrid! :D

Way to go Team!! :greenjumpers:

gamer007
02-09-2006, 01:56 AM
Great job team! :wav:

Without people like NeoGen, we would never be doing this good in all the BOINC projects. :)

vaughan
10-30-2010, 05:53 AM
Time to bump an old thread.

If you have a CUDA capable card you can score very easy points by putting it on the sieving sub-project at PrimeGrid. Just adjust your project preferences at the PG site under your account to be Use CPU = no and use GPU = yes and select no for all the projects except for Proth Prime Search (Sieve) = yes. If you have a Fermi class card eg a GTX460 there is a reply to my request for help in the thread Subprojects -> Sieving -> ppsieve CUDA testing (message 27450 is the one you need). The non Fermi but CUDA capable cards like a GTX260 run fine without the additional help from that message.

Come join me in the fun called CUDA crunching.

I'm running these tasks on my GPUs while I crunch the NPLB - No Prime Left Behind tasks using LLRnet on my CPU cores.

We need some help in the NPLB race that's happening right now.

NeoGen
10-30-2010, 06:14 AM
I'm running PrimeGrid's GPU workunits on my old GeForce 9600GT. Really good points compared to CPU. :)

jamers
10-30-2010, 11:40 PM
Time to bump an old thread.

If you have a CUDA capable card you can score very easy points by putting it on the sieving sub-project at PrimeGrid. Just adjust your project preferences at the PG site under your account to be Use CPU = no and use GPU = yes and select no for all the projects except for Proth Prime Search (Sieve) = yes. If you have a Fermi class card eg a GTX460 there is a reply to my request for help in the thread Subprojects -> Sieving -> ppsieve CUDA testing (message 27450 is the one you need). The non Fermi but CUDA capable cards like a GTX260 run fine without the additional help from that message.

Come join me in the fun called CUDA crunching.

I'm running these tasks on my GPUs while I crunch the NPLB - No Prime Left Behind tasks using LLRnet on my CPU cores.

We need some help in the NPLB race that's happening right now.

What kind of points/day are you getting with the GTX260's? I have mostly ATI's but also 5 of the GTX260's plus 1 or 2 9800's if they can be used. Do I need to install the latest and greatest CUDA?

NPLB, I have a few old P4's at work running it plus 2 or 3 quads from the home farm. If the team wants to hit NPLB hard I can switch the rest of the farm over to NPLB.

vaughan
10-31-2010, 02:51 AM
What kind of points/day are you getting with the GTX260's? I have mostly ATI's but also 5 of the GTX260's plus 1 or 2 9800's if they can be used. Do I need to install the latest and greatest CUDA?

NPLB, I have a few old P4's at work running it plus 2 or 3 quads from the home farm. If the team wants to hit NPLB hard I can switch the rest of the farm over to NPLB.
It is running a manual tpsieve at the moment. Yes latest CUDA. 9800 & 8800GTs are slower but still can crunch the tasks. If you can help out some more for the NPLB race that would be fantastic. My ATI cards are focussed on Milkyway.

AMDave
11-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Short break on PG's PPS sub project so they can cut-over to using tpseive full time:
http://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=2799

It will be worth it,
They will implement the ATI version as well.

/ed - ahem. That is to say "They will implement the OpenCL version for AMD GPU's, as well". A small slip there.- ed/

NeoGen
11-12-2010, 12:50 AM
So that's why I've been getting "no work" messages on boinc for it. :-(

I was watching my queue of GPU workunits getting shorter and shorter by the day... I'll be finishing the last few remaining ones I got tonight.
I hope they get it up and running again sometime next week like they said... but until then I will have to look up another project for my good old GeForce 9600.