PDA

View Full Version : Web hosting question

NeoGen
01-30-2004, 03:45 PM
Does anyone know of a free web hosting site where I could put a couple of files just for a weekend? There are hundreds of web hosting service sites, but the problem is that the files are almost 100 Mb :?

em99010pepe
01-30-2004, 04:32 PM
Não tens gravador de CD/DVD?
(Don't you have a CD/DVD recorder?)

Anonymous
01-30-2004, 05:16 PM
What kind of files are they?

NeoGen
01-30-2004, 05:18 PM
Sim, tenho. Mas falemos em inglês, que é a lingua do forum.
(Yes, I have. But let's speak in English, it's the main language of the forum)

The problem is I need to put a couple of files online for a person on the USA to download them. Useless to say that I can't just send them by email (one file is 56.7 megabytes).
And sending a recorded cd-r by "snail" mail would take way too long.

I've tried almost a dozen web hosting sites alerady... some have a restriction on the file sizes, others have restrictions on file types, others don't even work... :cry:

I see lots of publicity but no results still...

EDIT: It's two RAR files. One 56.7 Mb, and another of 15.7 Mb. It is to prove to someone that there is a flaw in the WinRAR compression. Both archives are made with the same set of files, but the smaller one with "solid archiving" enabled, which always makes 3 files of the set get corrupted when compressing, while without the "solid archiving" option, the size is much bigger but there are no corrupted files.

Anonymous
01-30-2004, 05:19 PM
I have another webpage that I host that really does nothing. I can host up to 200mb of your files for a few days. Send me an email at admin@amdusers.com. i'll create a FTP account for you.

Laters