PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

markdeacon
02-23-2006, 10:06 PM
hi im a newbie to all this and both my computers are well past the 1st of december 1921 and no stats! I have pressed the update button and it sais it is suscessfull im now on the 4th of Febuary 1922 and still no stats :(

When will i start showing on the team thing on bbc climate thing

Empty_5oul
02-24-2006, 09:07 AM
sometimes it is a little slow on your first update. The key date is 30th Feb (i think) when tickles are sent. Leave it a little longer and you should appear.

NeoGen
02-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Yea, sometimes is our boinc that delays it a little, other times is the stats updates on the site that take a bit.
Either way don't worry too much, if your boinc is allowed to connect to the internet, then you'll have your trickle registered soon. :)

EDIT:
Now that I see it, you already have two trickle in the stats, one from each machine, which gave you a total of 453.60 credits. You're there! :)

vaughan
02-24-2006, 10:43 AM
The key date is 30th Feb (i think).

On what calendar?

30 days hath September, April, June and November, all the rest have 31 except February with 28 except in a leap year when it has 29.

NeoGen
02-24-2006, 10:48 AM
:lol: :lol:

It's the Climate Prediction calendar really... they make all months in the simulations have 30 days. :P

vaughan
02-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Wow, that is amazingly unscientific.

I always have this discussion with my wife who firmly believes all the global warming hogwash. Personally, I believe in Le Chatelier's Principle. (It all will balance out eventually, its just a cycle of warming and cooling.)

Ototero
02-24-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm with you on that one Vaughan. The human race is just a pin-prick on this planet.

Empty_5oul
02-24-2006, 07:12 PM
yeah.

30 days in each month. 12 months. Says on their site makes it easier to extract data later.

markdeacon
02-24-2006, 08:10 PM
woooo! im on the board lol.

yeah i think goblal warming is a load of crap few reasons really:

Its simple we have global warming, we're coming out of an ice age FFS. The rate of change accelerates as the mass of ice reduces, watch an ice cube melt, it takes ages to start to melt, but the last bit melts before your eyes. You don't need to be an eminent scientist to see that surely. Nature will cope, but nature is not dedicated to the well being of human life.

S4it happens deal with it, you aint going to change it.

LOL ahh well, im doing this to help them predict what might happen to us after the planet does its job