PDA

View Full Version : How many points a day?

markdeacon
02-25-2006, 12:13 AM
How many poins a day does our team get? I cant work it out lol.

I have 2 more trickles coming in tonight :)

NeoGen
02-25-2006, 12:16 AM
Look at this stats site:
http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/teams.php?project=cce

Our team is currently getting between 8,000 and 9,000 points per day. :)

markdeacon
02-25-2006, 12:18 AM
freedc only have 17 members but there top? lol

NeoGen
02-25-2006, 12:21 AM
They got one member that even if alone would top us all out... look at the number of hosts he's running with BBC...

markdeacon
02-25-2006, 12:27 AM
what the hell is wrong with that bloke that has 47,854.80 credits since the 15th!

A mental nutter now thats what i call hard core :)

NeoGen
02-25-2006, 12:36 AM
now thats what i call hard core :)

You said it!! :)

Ototero
02-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Mark,

Look here www.stats.amdusers.com for the daily output of all our projects.

We gained 9,525.6 points yesterday on CP BBC. :D

markdeacon
02-25-2006, 04:38 PM
cool! is it the team with the highest average that goes to the top? Not the total credits.

NeoGen
02-25-2006, 04:45 PM
No, the average is variable over time, it can go up or down all of a sudden. All teams prefer to have stats sorted by total credit, much like high scores in games. :)
But the average does give us an indication of who's doing better at the moment, and if there are teams below our on total credit but with higher averages, then we're in trouble because they might catch up with us.

markdeacon
02-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Cool, i hope we get a few hardcore users come and join our team or we might not stay where we are.

NeoGen
02-25-2006, 07:08 PM
We keep getting a few more members each day. We are slowly, but steadily, accelerating. But team United Kingdom had an incredible boost of members between yesterday and today. They got over 90 members now and have jump up to 1st place on the stats!

Empty_5oul
02-25-2006, 07:14 PM
a few people here have decent setups.

the problem is if a big player stops that can greatly affect a team, whereas us having many smaller members means we can probably keep a sustained effort going for longer.

markdeacon
02-25-2006, 08:39 PM
i have 2 half decent computers working in the day from about 12hours a day.

So thats the same as one going 24hours a day. Not exactly hardcore but 520+ points a day :)

markdeacon
02-25-2006, 08:42 PM
wow just seen this and it pretty much sais it all.

http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/graph-teams.php?project=cce&teamid=3

were going up in the world :) because look at the people that joined on the 22nd, 23rd and 24th they haven't had there first trickles in so were going to be getting a boost tonight/tomorrow

Also it sais:

AMD Users will not overtake anyone! :(

AMD Users will not be overtaken by anyone! :)

Empty_5oul
02-25-2006, 08:52 PM
predictions like we will not overtake or be overtaken are very unreliable at such an early stage of a project. a few new members entering and others leaving change the average production etc. We are currently doing very well to stay 4th!

markdeacon
02-25-2006, 11:15 PM
how long do u think this project will last?

NeoGen
02-26-2006, 12:45 AM
One year minimum is for sure. The BBC campaign is going to end in may, with their TV show about the project and the results gathered up until then (which are probably not more than a handfull) but I'm pretty sure the project will still continue a long time after that.
The Climate Prediction team has been working on their main project and several side projects (like BBC's one) for several years already, even since before boinc was created. Each new project is even more demanding that the previous one... so I'm even scared to think what are they gonna make next! :shock:

markdeacon
02-26-2006, 01:16 AM
i have been given just under a year to finish my project but i think that i can do 4 projects in that time if i used both of my computers the same amount i am now.

I heard in may and wondered how an earth the results are going to be anything like realistic. Its only gonna be hardcore users with 1 supercomputer that will get a whole project done by then.

In may i will still be calculating what happened in pre 2006 so worthless data,

Am i right in thinking that the only decent data will be after 2006 until 2080?

How i understand it is, your computer is given a weather model to work out. If the model is slightly accurate with the data it has produced compared to the real data it will then continue to work on predicting future data.

If its just a boiling desert or a block of ice the project will end at a certain date before the current date in our time. Then you will be given a new project.

I just confused my self so it probably doesn't make sense :) lol

NeoGen
02-26-2006, 01:47 AM
Even if you don't reach the May deadline they say, it's not worthless data. It's only worthless to the TV show and stuff, but it will be invaluable to the Climate Prediction research. The research will keep on going much longer than the show they're putting up.

I don't know if they can get anything from our trickles. Maybe they can and can take advantage of trickles of people who, even if not complete, have reached more advanced ages on the model run.

And I don't know if non-realistic models (blocks of ice/boiling desert) will be canceled like that. I know that in the main Climate Prediction they don't cancel them. But I don't know what is this project's policy about that...

Empty_5oul
02-26-2006, 09:47 AM
i read on their site the 1960-2000 data is very important, as that can be checked against what actually happened. Allowing better future predictions ot be made.