PDA

View Full Version : BBC's Meltdown

Strongbow
03-15-2006, 09:34 AM
BBC's Meltdown was on TV last night in the UK, not only did it intelligently discuss what has, is and could be happenning with regards to Global warming but also discussed the BBC Climate Change Experiment.

Definately worth a watch if you didn't see it, the full show can be played here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/broadband/mediaplayer/players/bbc2?redirect=console.shtml&package=4587111&nbram=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1

Strongbow
03-15-2006, 09:45 AM
If you haven't got time to watch the whole hour programme then start at around 50mins and it is there where they discuss their BOINC approach!

OtherworldBob
03-15-2006, 06:33 PM
I managed to miss the program, despite it being on twice.
Thanks for the link. :)

Empty_5oul
03-15-2006, 08:15 PM
i missed it aswell.

watching the ending of that vid, looked pretty gd tho :D

daddygeek
03-16-2006, 03:30 AM
Unfortunately BBC Two video content is only available to users within the UK. We're sorry for any disappointment.

For many programmes , there are broadcast rights restrictions, which do not allow us to show BBC Two programmes and content to people outside the UK. In addition, broadband content is expensive for the BBC to stream, so we have to give priority to people within the UK, who ultimately bear the cost of us doing this through their licence fee.
Some BBC programmes are available via our international services (see www.bbc.co.uk/info/channels) or through agreements with commercial broadcasters overseas.

We are looking into the possibility of offering a subscription service for overseas users, although this is not likely to be available in the immediate future.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

spikey_richie
04-07-2006, 05:01 PM
It's only 1minute 8seconds long...

Empty_5oul
04-07-2006, 06:37 PM
it was on for an hour i think.

the BOINC DC bit is only short if thats what you mean

spikey_richie
04-07-2006, 07:13 PM
No, the whole think. I click the link, and it shows a clip which is 1:08 and that's it!