PDA

View Full Version : 37th on Predictor

Nflight
03-16-2006, 02:29 AM
Yes thats right we are now at 37th place in Total Points.

We are now 27th in Recent average Credit.

Way to go TEAM ! :wav: :thumbup:

Brucifer
03-16-2006, 04:55 AM
Cool beans! :)

Steve Lux
03-17-2006, 12:39 AM
I'm crunching at 100% on Predictor for the nonce. At least until I get the Team's #1 spot for a single host, which unless someone else kicks it into gear will be in about 4 weeks. If they don't then I win, if they do then the Team wins. Any way I see it; it's good for Predictor.

Nflight
03-21-2006, 01:24 AM
At this time and day, I am projecting that in 11 days we will be in 33rd Place. If all my mathmatical predictions are correct.

Currently we are in 22nd in Recent average credit.

Team effort extroadinaire, I appreciate everything everyone is doing, Thank You!

mitro
03-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Great work guys! :D

NeoGen
03-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Ditto! :D

The top 20 (and appearance on the first page of the stats) doesn't look so far now, does it? :)

Steve Lux
03-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Today I dropped Predictor down to just one of my processor cores and put ClimatePrediction on the second core.

vaughan
03-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Which version of CPDN Steve? Their workunits take ages to complete.

NeoGen
03-25-2006, 06:49 AM
I think the Seasonal Attribution is the fastest one they have. Takes only about a month to crunch. But then again, it's also the most CPU and RAM demanding they've ever put out.

Nflight
03-28-2006, 09:36 PM
36th in Predictor and shortly there after we will over come two more slow Teams ahead of us.

Thanks to all those crunching, Beerknurd leads our Team at the moment in RAC, James, Steve Lux, Empty 5oul, and Reaper13 all are doing an awesome job.

Thank You Very Much everyone else, you too make this team effort awesome.

NeoGen
03-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Way to go Team! :D

And let's put some pressure on mitro... he's been up there on the clouds for too long... :P

Nflight
03-28-2006, 09:58 PM
As for putting pressure on Mitro, thats gonna be tough he has a resounding lead of some 60,000 plus points above me and I am second in total points now. 6th in RAC.

Mitro is fine where he is at, if he starts up again anytime soon I will never catch him. Besides according to my analysis it will take me 320 days to pass him. At least at this rate of speed!

Predictor is even flowing input and output of WU's, it has little or no loss of down time. People who want to run this Project can find happiness with getting reports about how well there doing against others with actual points being updated regularly.

Come join the competition !

Beerknurd
03-28-2006, 10:09 PM
watch out for me............

Nflight
03-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Beerknurd at your current rate it will take you nearly 50 days to catch and then pass me if I would sit still or stop at this moment. If I continue at my pace it will take you 72 days to pass me.

So bring it on there Beerknurd and I think the challenge is on if you so desire ?

If your just bluffing, then Yes you are making one hell of a dent in our team effort, it is well appreciated. Without your effort we would not be where we are at currently in the stats.

Beerknurd
03-29-2006, 03:18 AM
Let me "sneak" up on you some more and then we can talk competition... Of course I am giving it all the power I got, so if you can beat my output now than you got me pretty much licked....

mitro
03-29-2006, 03:32 AM
<yawn> I'm waiting guys... LOL

Don't worry... I'll be back on Predictor eventually. Just as soon as I conquer Einstein, get my buffer back in Rosetta, maybe take a couple little projects,... oh yeah... and take over the world! MUHAHAHAHA :twisted:

Nflight
03-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Beerknurd I am not changing anything for the next couple months. I will not sqeeze off another ton of WU's past my actual speed I am at right now.

ON the other hand I made the same comment to Mitro about sneaking up on him and look what that guy did to me, I am in the dust-over the horizon-and under water because like I said earlier it will take me 320 days to catch him.

I only have two computers running at this moment, the Predictor and the Simap machines. If I combine them then I have super duper speed. BUt I need Simap's numbers to rise substantially before I move off that project.

Push on my friend, I am waiting till we are neck and neck! :)

Steve Lux
03-30-2006, 08:22 AM
I don't know which version of CPDN I'm running, except that it's some honkin-big sulpher cycle and I have about 1000 hours to go. (Only 10% complete so far) But its starting to generate about 482 credits per day using just one of my dual cores.

Unless some people start kicking it into gear I'll be in the team's top 20 on Predictor in about a week, running off of just one core now. Not bad for less than a month's work.

I'm not running multiple systems so I can't compete against some of these scores. The best I can do is pick a few projects that seem valuable to humanity and run with them. My theory is that time and pressure will tell in the end.

Nflight
03-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Steve Lux I am running just one 3500+ computer on Predictor and have been for over a month.

The large numbers you see are the Simap system which is my 4200+ and both cores are involed in that project. The Rosetta Score is static and has not changed in a very long time!

Soon if BUrp ever comes on line, I will divide the Predictor to run both BURP and Predictor reducing my output and allowing others to catch up a bit, including you and beerknurd. Take advantage of this opportunity because it won't last forever.

Your comment

Beerknurd
03-30-2006, 04:50 PM
NFlight...

How many points can you get in Predictor with all your power in one day??
I imagine you can beat my current output??? Right???

Nflight
03-30-2006, 05:25 PM
When I started the Project in November I was pushing about 1,000 +/- 100 points each day!

That conservative, some days I could get out over 1300, but averaged about 900 most of the time. I use my 3500+ for everything and with that I lose crunching power to my constant usage in word documents and web developing, Grant Writing etc. include in there quite a few movies veiwed. Even with 2 gig of memory (4) 500K mem sticks not (2) like I would like it, I use some memory draining sometimes!

As soon as Burp revives I am joining that project with half my power of Predictor, as soon as it is not offline! I will not leave predictor completely.

Steve Lux
03-31-2006, 01:02 AM
Looks to me like Beerknurd can hit many times what Nflight or I can do daily. That's OK with me though because I'm not expecting to hit the top, just to contribute to and have a good showing. I suppose if "winning" were really important I could buy or build a few more faster systems and set them to crunching. I'd have trouble justifying such an expense to myself simply for the purpose of one-upmanship. Frankly if I want to spend several grand on something I'd rather buy another dirt bike. (Then again I still have to finish paying for college for my sons - so I don't need to go wasting resources anyhow.)

I do wonder though why there are so many members listed in the rankings who have moved onto other projects or who don't seem to be crunching at all. Will a little competitive needling get them to put resources into a project? Have they left the team, did their systems die? I just wonder.

Beerknurd
03-31-2006, 02:15 AM
I am really just trying to get in the top 5. I will probably move on to another Boinc project after I acomplish that. Mitro and Nflight are safe for now..... :twisted:

Strongbow
03-31-2006, 04:49 AM
I do wonder though why there are so many members listed in the rankings who have moved onto other projects or who don't seem to be crunching at all. Will a little competitive needling get them to put resources into a project? Have they left the team, did their systems die? I just wonder.

I joined did a little then noticed that my BBC CCE was going to take several months to complete so I've temporarily decided to give my BBC CCE tasks some welly to get them up to calculating past 2006 (currently in the 1980's) then I may dedicate a core to Predictor to give you all a little wake up call! :twisted: ;)

Beerknurd
03-31-2006, 04:50 AM
is that a threat????? :lol:

Strongbow
03-31-2006, 05:11 AM
not yet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

but I will be throwing one of these down at yuh feet soonish...

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/upload/img/10735_-_gauntlet.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beerknurd
03-31-2006, 05:18 AM
I hope that doesn't hit me in the foot.... May make it a little hard to kick the soccerball around... :lol:

Strongbow
03-31-2006, 05:26 AM
LOL

I'd better just do this then as I wouldn't want to ruin your soccer skills...
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_video/fish.avi

Beerknurd
03-31-2006, 05:30 AM
yep.... you smack me with the little fish, and then I will knock your ass in the water... :lol:

Strongbow
03-31-2006, 05:31 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nflight
03-31-2006, 11:35 AM
NO fighting Gentleman, this is all in fun, I will wain and remove myself if the fish and steel hands become reality.

Besides as soon as Boinc Burp decides to start up I will be removing half of my Predictor power to that project leaving 170 Points per day in Predictor.

Now I want a fair fight dog gone it ! No cheating :shock:

EDIT: as of the end of today we will move into 35th place, and if all goes well we should be in 34th by the 3rd of April.

NeoGen
03-31-2006, 09:24 PM
Nflight, last year I organized a Spring Contest. Don't know if you've digged out the old thread and seen it already, but in case you haven't, here it is :)
http://www.amdusers.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1085

This was one fiery (but fair) competition. :)

Nflight
04-01-2006, 11:35 AM
35th in Predictor