PDA

View Full Version : Leiden news

NeoGen
03-16-2006, 09:31 PM
11 mar 2006
The server software has been updated to identify Dual Core AMD processors as a unique type of processor. As it turned out, the dual cores produce different numbers as their single cores counterparts. Has AMD changed some things in their FPU's ?! Anyway, the fix should help to get better validation of results... Furthermore, some other patches have been applied to the validator itself too... It should now handle error results, for which no files have been uploaded, better and not quit...

That question is puzzling me... I'm sure they must have changed something, but I wouldn't think they'd change the outputs of the FPU's instructions... wouldn't that lead to alot of software failing? (And not just Leiden...)

Lagu
03-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Hi

24 mar 2006
The feeder has been slightly reconfigured to allow for more work throughput; the corresponding IP shmem table has been made bigger and now allows for 256 units and the feeder now tries to fill the shmem table with results all from different workunits as much as possible. The jobs submitted by users are now also set to a higher priority and therefore get scheduled faster than the regular work.

From Leiden Classicals front page

Lagu :)