PDA

View Full Version : BOINC Client Not Loading up BOINC.exe

gamer007
03-30-2006, 04:42 AM
Whenever I use the shortcuts to open up BOINC. It says it can't connect to BOINC. So when I look in the task manager, BOINC.exe doesn't show up, meaning when I open the client, BOINC doesn't open as well. This is an annoyance because I have to go to where I installed BOINC to open up both the client and boinc.exe.

Any solutions? I'm using Crun3r's optimized boinc.exe file as well.

Strongbow
03-30-2006, 04:51 AM
Hi gamer007,

Are you pointing the shortcut to boinc.exe? ...you should be pointing it at boincmgr.exe

gamer007
03-30-2006, 05:30 AM
It's pointing to boincmgr.exe. The thing is the manager (that's the word I was looking for) doesn't start up boinc.exe with it. I have to manually open it up to make the manager connect to it. :?

Strongbow
03-30-2006, 05:38 AM
That's strange! :?

I'm no expert in BOINC so probably one of the more experienced guys can help. But you could always write a short script/batch to 'start boincmgr' and then 'start boinc' - not that elegant but it should work!

Strongbow
03-30-2006, 06:38 AM
Just a thought, but are you using windows firewall?

If you are, try disabling it and then run boincmgr to see if that resolves the issue. If it works then it sounds like the alg (application layer gateway) is obtaining port 1043 before BOINC grabs it. If that's the case then you will have to open up port 1043 from within Control Panel.

Hope this helps!

moving fusion
03-30-2006, 06:41 AM
Hi,

I might be missing something here but why don't you just reinstall it and see what happens? tbh i don't know what a Crun3r's optimised boinc.exe is so could be talking complete .......

You could backup boinc.exe then overwrite the new one after you know the new one works, just a thought :)

Sam

gamer007
03-30-2006, 08:31 AM
Windows Firewall is disabled.
And it would've been wise to back up the original, moving fusion. :mad:

I just started BOINC up using the shortcut to boincmgr.exe. Worked fine this time. :?

Strongbow
03-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Stranger and stranger!!! ...but at least it's working normally now! :D