View Full Version : New Prime Found

drezha
03-30-2006, 07:15 AM
http://www.rieselsieve.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=655

Thats the 23rd prime!

Only another 72 to go! :lol:

NeoGen
03-30-2006, 08:23 AM
Congrats to Maefly! :) I've read around that he's really pushing it on Riesel Sieve.

And good news for all the sievers as this will speed up a little the so slow sieving speed. (Compared to PSP) :)

Anonymous
03-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Well done maefly.
and the biggest Riesel Prime at that.
That's a great bag.

One thing I caught on the project side...

Recently I assigned some of our heaviest k's to Maefly in hopes that his armada of prime crunchers would eliminate a heavy k value and thus save the rest of us some headaches of having too many k/n pairs in our queue.
It's Lee's project, but I couldn't help thinking "Awww. No Fair!"

But on further thought, Lee is absolutely correct. maefly's catch being such a HUGE prime gives all of us a much better chance of grabbing the next one. YAY !!!! It must have been a difficult decision for Lee. I am glad it paid off.

AMDave
03-30-2006, 10:23 AM
so excited about the prime I forgot to log in :oops:

Brucifer
03-30-2006, 05:43 PM
It's good to see maefly get a prime. He's been really busting it for quite a while so that gives him some reward there. :)

As to the logic of giving everyone else a better shot at getting the next one.... I don't follow that??????

As for Lee's project, yep it is. Nothing says he has to be fair about anything at all. His effort is to find the magic answer, and however he can do that or speed it up is his choice.

And yep, sieving is really slow there compared to the other projects. The speed of the psp 2nd pass sieving sorta spoiled us you know???? :)

Hopefully it won't take as long for the next prime to come along for rieselsieve. :)

drezha
04-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Think it might speed up our effort or something I dont know.. :?

Well I think I read somewhere it increases the speed of sieving for some reason...guessing it's because large numbers are taken out of the dat file to compare it against..

vaughan
04-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Nice work Maefly, congrats.

Chaz and I are still banging away at Seventeen or Bust. We are being supported by several other team mates who are also plugging away at this long haul project.

drezha
04-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Chaz and I are still banging away at Seventeen or Bust. We are being supported by several other team mates who are also plugging away at this long haul project.

Good luck. I'm having a bash at this little lot and seeing what I can do towards it. :)

Hoping I can get a couple of units done in 2 weeks when I'll have the services of a P4 and Celeron for a week...

bryanRS
05-09-2006, 01:49 AM
Another new prime was found yesterday. For details, visit http://www.rieselsieve.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6480

The important thing is, of course, for sievers to update their DAT files, as a new, 70,000-pair lighter DAT is now available.

Bryan
Stats Administrator
Riesel Sieve Project

drezha
05-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Thats good news! :)