PDA

View Full Version : Discperf

Lagu
03-31-2006, 06:41 PM
Hi all Win 2000 users

Above are from SweClockers homepage

For you run Win 2000 and want to optimise your hard disc performance. It perhaps works on XP too. Win 2000 is configured to collect and check the hard disc physical prosperous.

Open RUN write CMD
Write discperf

If you have XP you get above message or something similar.

Calculator for both the logical and physical disc performance on this computer is automatically activated when needed. For older programs as use IOCTL_DISC_PERFORMANCE for reading of unhandled you can use flag –Y or –N to activate or inactivate. No reboot needs.

If you run Win 2000:

If you want to close this function write: discperf-n (I suppose it mean NO
If you want to activate it again write: discperf-yd (I suppose it mean Yes and some more)

There says nothing if you must reboot your computer. I have not tested it because I haven’t any Win 2000 OS.

You can also go to Microsofts 2000-page and download this link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/exctrlst-o.asp

It give you more information.

Exctrlst.exe: Extensible Performance Counter List

This tool provides information about the performance counter DLLs that have been installed on a computer running Microsoft Windows 2000. The tool lists the services and applications that provide performance information by using the Windows 2000 registry. When monitored using the Performance console provided in Windows 2000, the data provided by these performance counters can be useful for optimizing and troubleshooting.
Files Required
Exctrlst.cnt
Exctrlst.exe
Exctrlst.hlp

Lagu :)