PDA

View Full Version : D2OL Phase II

Evil-Dragon
04-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Phase I of the D2OL project ends on April 2, 2006. On Monday, April
3, Phase II starts with new libraries and a new Avian Flu target. As well, updated
server software will be deployed to better correlate the tasks assigned
to your node(s) with the statistics credited to you.

To prepare for this new chapter of the project, please be sure to upload
all of your results this coming weekend. Monday will be too late! After this weekend,
you will need to flush any remaining tasks to ensure that yourclient is working on the
latest material.

We appreciate all of your work during Phase I, and we look forward to continued
collaboration. Stay tuned for more announcements soon!

Best regards,
D2OL Development and Management Team

Best get any outstanding units done this weekend and get them back before monday.

Keith75
04-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Phase II is up and running.

Evil-Dragon
04-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Yup i've already done a fair few today already, will focus on running it for a few days.

Brucifer
04-04-2006, 11:49 PM
So what are they working on now besides the avian flu? Of course under present circumstances, that is probably the #1 concern of the population on the planet at the present time from an immediate threat perspective to the whole population.

Keith75
04-05-2006, 12:21 AM
He said that the Avian Flu was all they had at the moment but would be adding others fairly soon.

Keith

vaughan
04-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Stupid D2OL project is down. AGAIN. Friggen useless mob that run it. They've got some attitude too. Keith did you see how quickly the thread got locked? Not impressed with that Icehole's comments either.

Still I :P all over him in the stats so he's no threat.

/EDIT: Yeah its the stats again!!! Seems to be sending and receiving work but we need stats.

NeoGen
04-06-2006, 11:16 AM
TSC is still running altough the stats and registrations are crashed since yesterday...

Brucifer
04-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Another issue I noticed is that a system I *had* running it until yesterday wasn't showing the number of completed units for that specific system. Then last night I couldn't get a dual core running on it cause they weren't accepting registrations.

It's really a shame as the bird flue is really quickly becoming an issue. However projects with attitudes quickly turn off contributors. And in looking at the stats for the last several days, there isn't anywhere close to the same participation that d2ol had before. Unfortunately they aren't "walking the talk."

Keith75
04-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Well, all the problems they have keeping the project going does have one good side you know. As long as it keeps Vaughan frustrated with them he won't put too many machines on it and clobber me in the stats. Maybe? :cool:

All I can say is at least they have somebody doing something on the project. For a while there they had absolutely no feedback. I kept thinking it was a dead project.

Keith

Brucifer
04-06-2006, 08:59 PM
heh!!! LOL I think it is dead...... all weare seeing is the death throes with the flopping around..........

Keith75
04-06-2006, 11:08 PM
I guess it is my eternal optimism keeping me going. :)