View Full Version : 34th on Predictor

Nflight
04-03-2006, 11:12 AM
34th on Predictor

Go Team

NeoGen
04-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Nice going Team! :D

There's a bit of a distance now to 33rd, so it may take a while until we reach there. (Unless our production raises dramatically in the near future)
But as long as we keep it going, we'll get there. Patience and determination are virtues. :)

Nflight, you posted two equal threads about this, if you have no objections (or other purposes for it) I'll remove the other one. (And finally have a chance to use my moderator powers :twisted: hehe)

Nflight
04-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Sir NeoGen, use your powers at be and swipe that varmit from the forum.

Way to go Team, even though NeoGen makes real statements about the next step in our progression to a higher level. We have along road ahead of us, but determination has brought us from 47th place around the end of 2005 to 34th place now at the beginning of April 2006. We have accomplished a vast amount of crunching in a short amount of time.

Keep your chin up as our next conquerable position is less then 22 days away, stay tuned as we push closer to a level 20 or better position. Everyone who is crunching for our team needs to know with out your conitnued support we would still be dragging our feet at 47th position or worse.

Thank You One and All! :hello1: :hathat1:

mitro
04-03-2006, 06:44 PM
By next week I should have around 1K credits/day back on Predictor. :)

Nflight
04-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Thank You oh wise numero uno, but wait your going to reduce your attack on Einstein and not get your Number one status your driving for. Would it not be better to wait till you have achieved your goal and then return with full thunder for the Team Effort. Your returning your effort to our team too early I have not garnered enough points to catch your butt. Dog gone it, I will never catch up if you return, and poor Beerknurd is crucnhing so hard right now, I can hear him on the treadmill as I write this!

P.S. Thanks for the return of effort, it is appreciated even though I will never be able to catch you at this rate.

P.S.S. There is more news coming, just can't let the dog out quite yet!

Barry Goldwater?

NeoGen
04-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Sir NeoGen, use your powers at be and swipe that varmit from the forum.
Just did, and it was a clean job. Not a trace of it anymore. :)

We're all waiting for those news, don't keep us guessing for too long now. :) My (still) sharp eyes caught "Barry Goldwater" on your post. I don't know who it is, but I hope it's a helping hand over to Predictor. :)

mitro
04-03-2006, 08:29 PM
By next week I should be #1 in Einstein. :)

Barry Goldwater?
absolutely

Nflight
04-04-2006, 03:53 PM
While the Team Effort is at 34th Place I want to commend those who have kept with this project and those few who have passed others on there rise to the TOP.

Our Champions in the Last week include the following:

1). Beerknurd - Passed 7 last week and 2 yesterday

2). James - Passed 1 last week

3). Empty 5oul - passed 5 last week

4). PeterD - passed 1 last week

5). AMD USR JL - passed 1 last week

6). Scott - passed 7 last week

7). shooe - passed 3 last week

8). Kenny Rayl - passed 7 last week

9). Mike Stafford - passed 1 last week

10). benivoiqt - passed 2 last week

11). skolawind - passed 16 last week

12). sklaven-ince - passed 2 last week

13). Evil-Dragon - passed 8 last week

These are only passing our own team members and progressing higher towards the podium. In the real world I bet each one of you has passed at least 100 crunchers. Keep up the great job. ;)

Empty_5oul
04-04-2006, 04:27 PM
i'm glad this project has finally got some support. I remember when i first joined AMD Users (found through predictor) it was a really unstable project. constantly going down and being edited/modified etc.
Now they seem to have resolved all these problems and be using a decent reliable server/'s.

the next few positions to take will be hard as the surrounding teams all have similar RAC to us.

Steve Lux
04-05-2006, 12:05 AM
Well we got in a new member (Dave Guerra) who arrived above me. (Welcome Dave!) I'll have to put both cores in on Predictor to have a chance at catching 20th place within my first month. Empty 5oul was starting to burn up my backside anyhow..

Steve Lux
04-08-2006, 01:43 AM
Trying my best to stay ahead of and out-run Empty_5oul. You're hot on my tail and gaining! I haven't hit my full stride in Predictor yet, but even then I won't be able to stay ahead of you for long. We're both still ramping up and our team credit has gone up about 900 in the last week. When Mitro get's back into the Predictor game with 1000 or so a day we should be able to pass up 3-4 teams in the next two weeks with a daily team score of near 6,000 per day.

Hm... I just filed my taxes and I'll be getting back enough to build a really good AMD 4800+ system. I understand they can be easily over-clocked to perform like the 65 FX - at a discount. But then Empty_5oul isn't using any where near the available capacity listed. What to do? What to do?..

Nflight
04-08-2006, 02:06 AM
What do you do? You talk to Master Mitro and ask him for guidance in building the ultimate speedy WU crunching machine. That's what you do!

Empty_5oul
04-08-2006, 09:22 AM
i think i can hit 600 credit/day max. It should get to that value soon!

Steve Lux
04-08-2006, 04:34 PM
My oldest son is into computer games, big time. So were going to build him a system based on the AMD 4800+ dual core. When he's not playing it'l be crunching for me. I plan to order the components this weekend. I'll buy the processor, chip cooler, mobo, ram, hdd, pwr supply, network card and Win XP, he'll buy the video boards, monitor, case, CD/DVD player/burner, keyboard and mouse. Basically I'm buying the stuff for crunching and he's buying the stuff for playing.

Empty_5oul
04-08-2006, 06:58 PM
what components are you going to get?
post them before you spend a lot on parts that may not be recommended!

Steve Lux
04-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Sure, but still doing research and I'll need to find the appropriate topic to post in. Topic golems are everywhere...

Empty_5oul
04-08-2006, 07:59 PM
under "HARDWARE" - Hardware would seem the most appropriate place.

Steve Lux
04-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Looks like we have more people crunching in Predictor and some people are putting more resources into it. It's hard to tell really because yesterday's numbers seem low for everyone and for all teams, and today's seem high for everyone and for all teams. It's as if Predictor was slow to reward about 25% - 30% of earned credits.

Anyhow, it seems james, morwick, vaughan, Dave Guerra, myself, Empty_5oul and carstereos have all turned up the resources on this project and Mayback has just joined the party. When Mitro gets back in the AMD User's team is going to be doing some tail kicking.

Empty_5oul
04-09-2006, 04:31 PM
you only get the credit based on an average. Usually 2 or 3 people recieve the same work unit then once completed and returned you have "claimed credit" of which the total is your "pending credit". Once someone else returns that same WU your claimed credit is averaged with their and you both recieve this average.

If they were doing something yesterday they could easily create a backlog for the "averager/credit granter" (i dont know what it is called). this would explain the decrease and increase in credit.

Remember ototeros stats (stats.amdusers.com) will show you your current position in the team and the difference in your score since yesterday. Personally i usually just look at this on our own pages.

NeoGen
04-11-2006, 06:07 PM
Is it just me or is our production rising? :D

Not long ago we used to have a RAC of about 3,000... didn't we? Now it's around 4,400. :)

And we're getting close to another rank up! :)

Steve Lux
04-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Yeah, as I listed above several people have diverted resources to Predictor. We're generating some significant team progress here.

Nflight
04-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Well Team we have moved up more points then originally expected. A few more people have joined the TEAM effort and it is showing. 120 Team Members total as of this writing.

Our Recent Average Credit keeps rising skyward. We are now Rated 21st overall (RAC Points). This and our numbers are averaging over 4400 per day. This is very good in getting peoples attention that we are a force to be reckoned with.

The competition is fierce, there is no true leader who is definitely taken the lead except for Beerknurd who is outstanding in his efforts, and the idle mitro has promised a return but not at this time. After those two team mates, the rest of our Team has some amazing numbers of crunching work units. 3 People are over 500 points each per day, 2 people are over 400 per day, 1 over 300, 2 over 200 and 5 over 100 points per day, simply amazing, And 13 people are generating over 50 points per day. This is no wonder we are moving higher in our Teams Standings month to month, week by week, and day by day.

We are still in 34 place, but we are now past the half way point when I suggested in would take 22 days to get into 33rd place. It now might only take 5 days to reach 33rd position and 10 more days to pass 32nd spot.

Everyone should pat themselves on the back, Thank You one and all! :hello1:

NeoGen
04-12-2006, 02:04 PM
There are a number of teams all very close to each other in front of us now... I bet that starting in the next few days we're gonna go up a rank every day or two, and catch up to six teams in a row :)

Steve Lux
04-12-2006, 04:44 PM
After letting my system settle out for more than 24 hours with the "optimized" Boinc software I am now averaging about a minute longer per WU. I'll keep watching it until this weekend and if it doesn't improve I'll remove it and re-install the origional Boinc software. A week ago Boinc was showing that my system was averaging 640 credits per day and I am now below 600:

http://boinc.netsoft-online.com/rankings.php?list=r_p_1_e

Nflight
04-12-2006, 09:49 PM
I would leave the optimized client installed. recently the output for everyone else is diminishing so your not the only one with numbers falling. In the last 5 days I have had a decline myself. and looking at other places on the web which posts stats other then just here at AMDusers, we are not alone.

Cheer up your doing the right thing, everything is never level it is a constantly fluctuating circumstance. Patience and not jumping because you lost a few, is the key. Watch the project over a longer period of time, you will gain an asset of knowledge of when you really know something is wrong.

My output is only around 355 per day, everyday the stats are a little different. I have been down to only 319 in the past 30 days. But I haven't moved to another project or stopped doing anything I have been doing. I watch with pessimism as the world turns around me, and with this comes inexplicable nuances no one person can predict. Watch, learn and ask lots of questions, How may I help you?

Empty_5oul
04-12-2006, 10:11 PM
the stats are very low for the processor though

AuthenticAMD
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
Measured floating point speed 1875.11 million ops/sec
Measured integer speed 2331.68 million ops/sec

compared to my setup.

AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+
Measured floating point speed 1941.18 million ops/sec
Measured integer speed 5104.91 million ops/sec

My older and cheaper processor is out performing the dual core :?

Does being dual core have something to do with the stats? - are his scores effectivley doubled as he can do that on each core? And would therefore be doing much more floating point calculations per second.

Steve Lux
04-12-2006, 11:21 PM
The floating point is basically the same, but the integer speed is about 900 less than before the optomized version.

NeoGen
04-13-2006, 03:32 AM
What optimized client are you using?

Steve Lux
04-13-2006, 08:20 PM
The one that was recommended to me is this one:

Boinc_5.2.13_P4_Athlon64_SSE2

Steve Lux
04-14-2006, 01:46 AM
In the next half day we should be in 33rd place, passing up the Spread Firefox team, and we should also have taken the 20th world rank RAC from the Free-DC team.

NeoGen
04-14-2006, 01:33 PM
We're in 33rd now! :)