PDA

View Full Version : DC-Vault and TSC

Jeff
04-04-2006, 04:16 AM
We just got spanked in TSC. I guess they added TSC to the Dc-Vault stats.

OUCH

NeoGen
04-04-2006, 09:42 AM
No, the project was already there. What it seems is that when D2OL started Phase II and cleared the stats, TSC did the same.
So our Team is way down on the TSC stats now, that's why we took a hit on it at the Vault.

Brucifer
04-04-2006, 04:21 PM
It still really bugs me that they just zero stuff out. To those that play the crunching game for points against other teams, this really sucks. A LOT of time and money went in to accumulating those points. Then they act like oh the science....... yes they do have noble goals, however as the saying goes, there isn't any free lunch. And the bulk of the points come from team players, and the motivation is the team points sport.

Unfortunately there is more and more of this, along with projects just shutting down, etc. The DC game isn't the same enjoyable hobby it was a few years back. I've become less and less enthused about it. And I know I'm not alone as I've talked with other long term DC participants, and the common thread is that it just isn't fun anymore. Projects don't really have any interests of the crunchers at heart anymore like they used to. They used to realize that it was a mutual benefit type thing.

So anyway, time moves on and so do projects I guess. But TSC/D2OL are moving on without me and quite a few others I know, and are putting their money/resources into some projects that are more mindfull of the cost involved to run these computers.