PDA

View Full Version : Bitmeter2

Lagu
04-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi

If your ISP have set a limit for your use of your network or bandwidth sheck out this link:

http://codebox.no-ip.net/controller?page=bitmeter2

Lagu :)

Empty_5oul
04-06-2006, 09:20 PM
i run a very similar program to that called NetMeter. It doesnt have the web feature for remote use.

Its powerful and surprising how little/much bandwidth i get through depending what i am doing.

NeoGen
04-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Might come in handy for people with bandwidth limits that run Majestic-12. :)

Nflight
04-06-2006, 09:33 PM
This is just another way to rob your system of needed CPU power, by continuing to have the CPU update this program you reduce the time spent on actually crunching WU's. Just thought I would add that little bit of info in there, not trying to piss in anyone's bucket just stating a point. :-(

Lagu
04-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Hi Nflight

With all respect for our options I can tell you what happen in Majestic-12. There was a guy named Kamcosbill as lost his speed more than a mouth ago from I think 5 MBits to 256 kpbs because he use too much bandwidth. He was then out of play and could only crawl 80.000 URL´s compared with over 1.500.000 URL´s before. Now he have completely stopped running MJ-12. That affected his Team X Grubbers Kick Ass.

I think peoples will avoid that fate. A little lesser recourses are acceptable compared with the risk to lose the speed and went back to the Stone Age.

In Majestic-12 there is a great problem for many and they are balancing their usage of bandwidth. They must stop run because they is near to reach their limit in the end of the month and try again the next month if they have a limit of say 20 GB to use every month. Even the Dimes use much bandwidth.

Lagu :) ;)

Ps. thank you for your translation of the word “Zilch”. You are a considerate guy. :!:

Empty_5oul
04-06-2006, 10:29 PM
speaking on behalf of netmeter it uses very little CPU. After 4 days uptime it has used just under 7 minutes and been running the whole time.
I realise this is 7 minutes that could have been spent crunching and overtime this will add up but overall it is pretty minimal.

my machine is a working machine anyway (currently i have 12 programs open) so having something like netMeter wont make too much difference