PDA

View Full Version : Slowdown in Results - SIMAP

Nflight
04-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Don't be disturbed that your points in your Statistics are getting lower and lower you are not alone. Everyone is feeling the same pinching effect.

I have personally done a diagnostics of my system, with even turning off the Desktop display image to reduce graphics processing power to "zilch" (Lagu this word equals = zero). WIth all this effort to reduce Processor strain I am still at a loss of my output Recent Average Credit or RAC.

In the forums of Simap, they mention they are trying a new set of WU's and with that comes the possibility that the past experiences of high output may be diminished to something less then we are used too.

Please don't run off to another project, everyone is experiencing these same effects. Our Team is still doing an excellent job, everyone is overachieving and we are keeping our current pace very well.

As Always Thank You one and All ! :)

Kooonsty
04-06-2006, 11:37 PM
I didn't even notice that actually. Doesn't matter much to me anyways. I'll just keep chugging along.

cicide
04-07-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm seeing less that a 10% drop in my ongoing numbers. But I'm not one to move around projects much, so I didn't even noticed until I saw this post.

The good news is that I recently broke 200,000 results on SIMAP and currently have 4 computers in the top 20 for the project.

-Chris

Nflight
04-08-2006, 09:08 PM
That news is awesome there Chris, you sure have some power in those machines that benefits your rank and also the team effort, your doing an excellent job! :)

drezha
04-08-2006, 09:58 PM
This been a slowdown?

I've not noticed it... :lol:

Nflight
04-15-2006, 02:21 AM
Maybe I am learning something here, I recently overclocked my system and have noticed that my stats are declining. Any one want to give me some insight here, this would be greatly appreciated.

I thought when you OC your system the WU Stats are to rise not fall? :-(

AMD-USR_JL
04-16-2006, 11:58 PM
Speaking of slow downs. Did SIMAP's server die? Or is this just scheduled maintenance? Can you guys connect?

Never mind, i spoke too soon. I can connect now :D

Nflight
04-17-2006, 12:19 AM
Actually at this time SIMAP is telling me it is down!

Project is down and NO New work is available. Be advised this does happen time to time so I allow 3 days of work to download through my preferences setup so when this stuff happens I can wait out the potholes and deep water puddles to make it to the other side of the mishap.

AMD-USR_JL
04-17-2006, 12:37 AM
Ooh. This is not good. I just read this on their forums (http://boinc.bio.wzw.tum.de/boincsimap/forum/viewtopic.php?t=265).

No, it's worse than that:

Our early warning System for low work failed -
the server_status script is sort of stuck;

And we are simply completely out of work.

I'm in the process of getting Thomas online, to have him genereate more food for your cpus out there....

-Jonathan
Then the Chef :?: replied.

Sorry, it was my fault. I forgot to restart a script yesterday afternoon, and so no new workunits were generated. Now everything is running again.

best regards
Thomas

Nflight
04-17-2006, 12:43 AM
See those pesky little goof ups are what I call potholes and deep puddles, if your calm and patient everything will work out in the end!

AMD-USR_JL you didn't loose any hair :eeeeek: over that little booboo did you?

AMD-USR_JL
04-17-2006, 01:09 AM
Just a little :D

http://www.webgrl.com/photogalleries/art/summer2004/015_jimsBaldingHead.jpg
Just kidding :lol: You knew that wasn't me right?

I resumed predictor and am now happily crunching away :D