PDA

View Full Version : Sisoft Sandra

Lagu
04-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Hi my friends of AMDusers forums

Have you ever heard talking about the benchmarking tool named Sisoft Sandra or tried it or is familiar with it? So far I haven’t seen any of our members post a message about it.

I have tried it and it is great. There is a free version with a limited funktions and a Pro version as you must pay for.
What is Sisoft Sandra? This is a tool as collect all possible information of your motherboard, chipset, memory, disc, video card, and so on as you have in your computer. It also benchmarks your memory, motherboard and so on and compares your results by other motherboards to name a few examples. It also gives you tip as you can look at.

I remember when I run it on my AMD Athlon 1001 GHz I got a tip. I double clicked on that tip about my motherboard. A little window appeared saying the motherboard had a limit of 1.2 GHz meaning I could upgrade the processor to 1.2 GHz instead of 1001 GHz as I currently had. I got surprised because that was anything as was totally unknown for me. However I never upgraded my processor. My Computer is a Compaq and a Compaq isn’t as other is. All components are Compaq made or developed in their name. I remember when I should upgrade the memory. Nothing normal was not to think about. Instead I was forced to buy a 2 Compaq memory of 256 MB each and it cost my shirt as we say here in Sweden meaning it was very expansive.

What I have seen there have been postings about CPU-z and something similar. But Sisoft Sandra is much informative than any other I feels about.

Lagu ;)

NVM
04-09-2006, 04:24 PM
I remember when I should upgrade the memory. Nothing normal was not to think about. Instead I was forced to buy a 2 Compaq memory of 256 MB each and it cost my shirt as we say here in Sweden meaning it was very expansive.

the new word of the day for you is "Proprietary", Lagu. although in this case i disagree because i believe the only thing proprietary about that memory you are talking about is that the contacts were gold plated, which was the only kind of ram that Compaq endorsed. normal cheap ram sticks probably would have worked just as well. then it would'nt of cost you "an arm and a leg", or "the shirt off your back" :lol:

drezha
04-09-2006, 07:19 PM
I use it every now and then for various things.

Lst I used it for was viewing the CD/DVD player I had installed (mine main rig is a Compaq Pesario) so I could download a firmware update :)

For that it was indispensible

spikey_richie
04-09-2006, 07:37 PM
I used to use Everest@home, but you have to pay for that now (unless you can find an old version on majorgeeks or twocows...)

SiSoft Sandra is good though :D