PDA

View Full Version : Picture phone

Lagu
04-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi

I’m very happy today because I have got a Nokia 6280 New Yorker mobile phone as works as a Picturephone to my wife. I was not paying anything for it. Instead I will pay a monthly subscription and the phone is locked for 18 months of the mobile phone operator.

This mobile has a lot of features such, MMS, Bluetooth, radio, Internet, E-mail, Notepad, SMS, camera, games, transmitter and receiver and so on. A large coloured screen of 2 mega pixels is the best. Many peoples as is deaf use such a phone and can talk with each other in real-time and see each other when they talk on their sign language.

3 years ago such a mobile was not developed yet. However all finesses will not be used because it cost extra money.

Extra 64 MB memory for Multimedia followed and the mobile phone has 1 GB memory for films or photos, addresses and other.
This mobile phone can be used for picture talk too.

I think I should be great if we members could phone each other and look on each others faces. But, it cost always more call another people in another country as all of you know.

Lagu :D

Strongbow
04-11-2006, 05:47 PM
That really is fantastic news Lagu! :D

It's amazing that you can really read sign language on the little screen!

That is the best use of video conferencing I have ever heard!

:D

Lagu
04-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Yes Blackheath and the dimensions is as follow:

The mobile phone

Length: 9.5 Cm
Thick: 1.8 cm
Width: 4.7 cm
Weight: 104 grams

The screen:

Length: 4.6 cm
Width: 3.5 cm

Also the camera has 2 megapixel and 8x digital zoom
Misic: MP3, AAC, AAC+ 3G, Trippelbound and GSM.
You can take still and mobile pictures.

This is a fantastic mobile phone and the development work continue and advance.

That is a mobile phone for all of us. If you should buy one and use cash purchase it kosts 545.35 US$ollar, 626.72 Canada$ollar and 312.45 GBP.

Lagu :)

drezha
04-11-2006, 08:41 PM
:shock:

£312! :shock:

Bloody hell!

My current phone cost under £100 and there's NO WAY I'd EVER spend more than a £100 on a mobile phone...

I got the V3 Razor and it's fne for me....

Strongbow
04-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Time I spouted out about an oncoming product from my company now then! :? ;)

We are releasing a smart phone around June this year. This one is a bit special as it has the following...

It will have the usual GSM/GPRS but in addition will have 3G/UMTS, wireless LAN, GPS for navigation, Bluetooth, SD memory card slot, USB 1.1 Host & Slave along with a thumb keyboard.

Two models (T810 & T830) are coming out; the top end one has two cameras, one for 2MegaPixel photos and the other camera for VGA video link where you could use SKYPE (or similar) for video conferencing. It runs MS Windows Mobile 5.0 (Mobile 5.1 might be out by then) so you can use it for excel, word, outlook and powerpoint etc.

I've had a go of it and it's frankly all I could possibly need apart from not being Opteron based for mobile crunching (now there's a thought!).

Have a look here if you're interested...

http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/home/products/handhelds/pocket_loox_t_series.html

...and the price! well it depends on your telco contact but unfortunately Drezha it probably will still be over £100

Lagu
04-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Blackheath you gave me an idea. Here is a link to the mobile phone I talked about:

http://www.phonehouse.se/commerce/servlet/sesv-server-PageServer?ARTICLE=PRODUCTS.NOKIA.PHONES

Look after Nokia 6280
Läs mer=read more

Lagu :D

Strongbow
04-12-2006, 05:57 AM
What's your idea Lagu?

My companies smart phone is currently in a different league to the Nokia products - their 9xxx range are the closest and are good but way too large, and a bit old fashioned, to be competitive. Our competitors will mainly be Blackberry and HP although neither currently have all the features ours has!

PcManiac
04-12-2006, 06:19 AM

I gotta question for ya...does you razr have dust under your screen?
mine does and it is sooooo annoying! the screen always looks dirty, but you can't clean it!

Lagu
04-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Blackheat

The idea was I added a link as you had. I was not thinking of that when I first post the message of mobile phones.

Thank you

Lagu ;)

drezha
04-12-2006, 12:54 PM

I gotta question for ya...does you razr have dust under your screen?
mine does and it is sooooo annoying! the screen always looks dirty, but you can't clean it!

No but it's very greasy...
It gets grease off the key pad which just builds up off fingers anyhow... dam the natural grease we secrete to stay water proof! :lol: