PDA

View Full Version : Work pending

Lagu
04-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Hi

I have checked the stats page of Leiden Classical and also checked my own computer and found I have 52 WU´s as have the status PENDING :?:

Also checked NeoGen´s computers and found 100 WU´s as not hawe been computed :shock:

NeoGen, what are you waithing for? Perhaps you have WU´s as cause my and others pending because they never is crunched.

Please run them as soon as possible :!: :!: :!:

Lagu ;)

NeoGen
04-11-2006, 09:15 PM
No, it's not that, it's a computer I borged solely for Leiden. And it's because I have set on my account for boinc to connect every 2 days, so boinc downloads two whole days worth of workunits to crunch, which in Leiden's case is alot.
And as workunits get finished, boinc uploads and reports them... and guess what? It fetches more workunits to fill back the queue.

So, I guess I'll always keep a nice steady queue of about 100 wu's there... :roll:

NeoGen
04-11-2006, 09:23 PM
If you go to any boinc project site, inside your account you got a "General Preferences" I think.
In there, there's an option that is something like "Connect every x days", and you can set it for anything between 0.1 and 10 I think.
The higher the number, the more workunits your boinc will queue for later crunching.
But in some cases, boinc can only download a few workunits each time (project limitations), so you might have to click several times on the "Update" button for it to bring more and more workunits until it fills up your queue.

EDIT: Lagu... I could swear I had seen a post from you after mine... :P

Lagu
04-11-2006, 09:29 PM
NeoGen

How long will it take before you start crunch leiden? You can give our team a boost running them all.

Lagu ;)

NeoGen
04-11-2006, 09:38 PM
I am crunching already. :)

It doesn't seem so because the queue is always filled up with workunits. And every workunit turned in is instantly validated, credited and erased. But I have been gaining some credits. :)

Lagu
04-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Neogen

You saw right. I had a question about our large amount of work units but then I read your message more properly and notised my question was silly but you could evidently read it before I remove it and you have now told me now how you are doing.

Lagu :cool:

Lagu
04-25-2006, 10:07 PM
I’ve checked our stats in Leiden Classical and even my team-mates and found a lot of work not done and pending.

Mitro: 48 WU´s pending, 316 in progress and not done.
AMD-USR-JL: 255 WU´s pending
Lagu: 45 WU´s pending
TrekkyLeaper: 20 WU´s pending
NeoGen: 10 WU´s pending.

Total: 378 WU´s pending and 316 in progress. What the hell happen with Leiden Classical? Have peoples stop running it?

Mitro, I think you must start crunch as son as possible because of the race. We should all begin from start and Vaughan, how many have you pending or in progress? No advantage before us others :!:

Lagu :cool: ;)

NeoGen
04-25-2006, 11:27 PM
I think the large amount of workunits still not validated is because of the custom scheduler they're using.
For some odd reason, since the project started that there have been problems with different kinds of cpu's returning slightly different end result numbers, so the guy working on the project altered the scheduler to assign the same workunits to people with the same cpus.
Problem is that some cpu's are rare nowadays, like my own AthlonXP 2000+, or for example a Pentium III (There's a guy on the message boards with a P3 complaining that his workunits have been pending for months)

Nflight
07-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Since I have been running this project now for the last 3 weeks I Have noticed it has a cycle of when they go in and clear the pending WU's for the crunchers benefit, but you must accrue quite a few till they get to you(over 2,400 for me at least). It does not mean at anytime you will get a cache of credits. It just means that with your constant crunching they will end up finding you and doing there best to meet your needs by allowing you to gain numbers all of a sudden with a huge dump. I have been working this project for so long it has been constant just about ( Mother Natures interference with T-Storms) all the time.

As for the constant output I wish that was possible, but not like Rosetta or Predictor where the output of WU's Crunched is remarked daily, the actual pending Credits are seemingly irradic.

Be patient with this project, that is all I can say