PDA

View Full Version : Easter

Lagu
04-13-2006, 07:34 AM
Hi

To all of my friends of AMDusers forums and in our projects

Now the day have come when we at least in Sweden is free from go to our works for 4 days.
Today it is Mundy Thursday, then Good Friday, then Easter Saturday, Easter Day and Easter Monday.
This long weekend we have the time to sit down and be thoughtful, spending or time with our family and friends and to look over our computers, house and cars.

Is there a lot of dust in our computer? Take the time to remove it and clean the fan. I got a tip from Vaughan as I can recommend: Go to your pharmacist and buy a little bottle containing this complicate name: Isopropyl alcohol. It is complete harmless and dried fast and leaves no trace. It is good for cleaning your fans.

I wish you all a Glad Easter. God bless you :!:

Lagu :D

Ps. don’t forgot give your wife or your girlfriend an Easter kiss. :roll: ;)

vaughan
04-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Please make sure your computer is powered off and unplugged from the mains power. Ensure it is not hot when you are using isopropyl alcohol as it is HIGHLY FLAMMABLE :shock:

I don't want any roast AMD Users out there. :!:

Alcohol wipes are useful for cleaning the fan blades. A can of compressed air such as Dust Away is useful for blowing away dust that accumulates in nooks and crannies in the motherboard and around the heat sink and fan.

When everything is clean again plug in the mains power and start your computer. On the My Computer icon (in Windows) right click to select your hard drive(s) and left click on Disk Cleanup on the General Tab. Clear the debris from your HDD. Then run a chkdsk /f from a cmd line and run a defrag. Update your anti-virus definitions and your spyware removal definitions and let these applications do their stuff.

Keith75
04-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Thanks Lagu! Happy Easter to everyone.

I know some recommend against it but I have always used my air compressor to blow out my computers. You just have to make sure the there isn't any water in the lines or tank. You also have to be carefull not to have the pressure too high as it could damage things. Sure works good on the PSU though and it's alot cheaper than the cans of air you can buy. :)

Keith

Strongbow
04-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Happy Easter everyone! :D

Nothing like a good spring clean to get the cobwebs out! ...that reminds me, I'm due for a bath next month! :? ;)

AMDave
04-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Ps. don’t forgot give your wife or your girlfriend an Easter kiss. :roll: ;)
Can't I kiss both of them ????? j/k :lol: I like to remind my wife that although we got married she has never stopped being my girlfriend :P

Good reminder about the Spring Clean. Thanks.
You prompted me to have a look and it appears that one of my machine's HSF is getting clogged up even though the others are pretty clear. You have saved me some heartache I think. :D

Drive 5% slower than the limit and have a great break!

Happy Easter to All.

moving fusion
04-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Happy Easter all :)

How about using a hoover instead of getting a face full of dust ;)

I suppose it isn't easy getting the dust off a fan or as much fun but... effective

Dee
04-14-2006, 12:59 AM
Happy Easter everyone! :D

Nothing like a good spring clean to get the cobwebs out! ...that reminds me, I'm due for a bath next month! :? ;)
:lol: Ewwww! Too much information!!! :lol: