PDA

View Full Version : Meter as read the temperature

Lagu
04-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Hi

Is there anyone as feel about a thirdparts software as monitor the processor temperature?

Lagu :)

vaughan
04-15-2006, 03:35 PM
If you use software it will have the same problems as your uGuru software displays now, in my opinion. I suggest you take NVM's advice and re-seat the CPU with new Arctic Silver. Either get your reseller to do this for you or attempt it yourself. Maybe ask if you can watch them do it so you know how for the future?

Lagu
04-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi

That as happened is wery strange. before I clean it I had a temperature of 60 C degree. Maybee I have toushed any switch to BIOS. Did you mean a new fan called Artic silever instead for my Zalman. I have ponder of water cooling but I´m unsure if it is so good.

Here in Sweden July month is called the dog days when the wather pipe sweats and it founds wather drops as can fell down. But I guess if the wather pipe have the same temperature as the room it is in no condensation founds.

This phenomen happen only when the wather pipe is colder than the sorroundings.

It is possible that the insulation between the fan and compressor can be attenuate?

Lagu

NVM
04-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Lagu, read THIS (http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm)

Lagu
04-15-2006, 05:19 PM
NVM

It is too mych to read and do. I think I have no patience with such a work. My reseller may fix it if it needs.

Ototero
04-15-2006, 05:42 PM
I found it interesting, thanks NVM.

Frederic Brillouet
04-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Lagu, do you use phase-change cooling? What reseller is it?

Steve Lux
04-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Especially the part about turning off your computer as part of the cure process, and the part about how long it takes to reach full thermal transfer effectiveness.

NVM
04-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Especially the part about turning off your computer as part of the cure process, and the part about how long it takes to reach full thermal transfer effectiveness.

thats why DC projects are great for the "burn-in" period. or play Oblivion for 200 hours straight... :lol:

Superzerocool
04-15-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm sorry you can't understand this msg, but remember, I speak spanish :P

I use the SpeedFan (http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php) utilities (Windows) to take temp of my PC. This software is so good and no use many resources from CPU to take the temp.

I everytime gets 39ºC to 50ºC (depending the weather (!))

AMD-USR_JL
04-15-2006, 08:03 PM
Yea, SpeedFan is really good. I use it too. I think you can even overclock with it, but i haven't tried it. Don't use it on puters with older mobos though. It could cause it to crash and loose your spot on the uptime project. :lol:

Lagu
04-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Lagu, do you use phase-change cooling? What reseller is it?

Hi

I use a large 12 cm Zalman CNPS7700 and a auxillary 8 cm fan. I have had it since 2004 I think and before I clean my computer it was 60 C degree when hardworking.

When I then started the computer it was 80 C degree when idle. I have uGuru as shows the temperature but I beleive it is false. The BIOS had change so the wrong must be there I guess.

Empty_5oul
04-15-2006, 08:08 PM
lagu where you say you posted at ABIT can you give a link to the thread. On their forums there are dozens of messages about how the reported temperatures are incorrect.

Lagu
04-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Empty-5oul and other!

I apologice for not post a link as is helpful. Here is it:

http://forum.abit-usa.com/index.php

Again I pray for indulgence.

Lagu :oops:

NeoGen
04-15-2006, 08:41 PM
More specifically... here:
http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?t=105210

:)

Lagu
04-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Hi

When I was online the graphic card suddenly got an issue and asked me to close my computer. Did it and opened the box, and the graphic card was hot. Checked all fans even to the graphic card and all was ok.

When I started the computer again I got a message saying I hawe had a grave failure as noy was solved. Checking the temp in uGuru showed 57 C degree and the computer box is cold. Before it was a little varm.

I think the fan of the graphic card had not been working or perhaps it have?

Now I hawe restarted QMC and the temperature raised to 85 C degree and the graphic card is a little varmer now.
What a difference. I have remowed one side of the box if I will feel on the card.

Lagu :?

Lagu
04-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Hi

Another thing I discovered was the PSU was very hot before the failure but now it blow cold air.

I´m very confused.

Empty_5oul
04-15-2006, 10:50 PM
graphic card suddenly got an issue
can you expand on this? what happened?

flashing the bios is removing what is currently there. It should never disappear as this is what tells your machine what to do when you firts turn it on (beofore you read the HD/CD and boot an OS).

do what bart said in theabit forums:
download the patch for the uguru.
Then you can use the flashmenu in uguru to update the BIOS.
The flashmenu i have never tried but it says it has a "One Click LiveUpdate" feature, which sounds fairly simple.

Lagu
04-15-2006, 11:20 PM
graphic card suddenly got an issue
can you expand on this? what happened?

flashing the bios is removing what is currently there. It should never disappear as this is what tells your machine what to do when you firts turn it on (beofore you read the HD/CD and boot an OS).

do what bart said in theabit forums:
download the patch for the uguru.
Then you can use the flashmenu in uguru to update the BIOS.
The flashmenu i have never tried but it says it has a "One Click LiveUpdate" feature, which sounds fairly simple.

Hi

I have dovnloaded a new BIOS and a new version of uGuru because I got a message saying it was too old and not want to work. Then tried to flash for a new bios but it never worked.

What as happened is that the Graphic card got a failute and lost its setting. The monitor got a appareanse as we got when we start windows in a wrong secure situation and the colours got down to 256 colours or lesser. When it happen, Windows asked me to sawe my files (wordfile as I was written) and then shout my computer down.
After restart Windows reported there had been a grave failure as had been solved.
After the startup the PSU no longer blown out hot air and the processor temp fell down to 57 C degree Idle.
It was as there had ben a large recistance who maked the PSU to work harder and the hotted air around it spreads around the processor and graphic card.
I guess it was so but another explanation perhaps can gets.

Lagu :?

Lagu
04-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Hi

To be honest, am a little afraid for upgrading the BIOS. I have read an upgrade can damage the BIOS and the computer never starts again. It this mean I must buy a new motherboard is shouldn’t be good.
I have upgrade the bios on my other Athlon using a diskette and following the instructions on the monitor and it went well can I say. But, the upgrade was from Compaq’s home side and there was only one to choose. ABIT is a little more complicated. The file I have downloaded is Kv824 and Flash Menu is version 1.38.