PDA

View Full Version : For you as wonder what uGuru is?

Lagu
04-15-2006, 05:33 PM
uGuru is a tool as followed with ABIT motherboard. This tool is a help for supervision and over clocking or individual settings.

It has 4 tools ABIT EQ, OCGury, FlashMenu, BlackBox and GuruClock. However GuruClock have never been working for me. I can’t tell what it is good to.

ABIT EQ settings:

[CPU]: Configures the CPU temperature.
[SYS]: Configures the system temperature.
[PWM]: Configures the temperature around the CPU power supplying circuit.
[VCORE]: Displays the CPU working voltage.
[DDRVDD}: Displays the working voltage of DDR memory slot.
[DDRVTT]: Displays the terminal voltage of memory bus.
[SBVDD]: Displays the working voltage of NB (Northbridge) shipset
[HTV]: Displays the working voltage of Hyper Transport
[AGP]: Displays the working voltage of AGP video graphic accelerator slot.

[5V]: The power supply provides +V5 for the working voltage of Most ICs motherboard. Both ISA and PCI bus are both provided with +5V voltage.

[3.3V]: Displays the working voltage of chipset and clock generator.
[5VSB]: Displays the standby voltage when system is in Suspend Mode.

There is also information about Fans and monitor settings so you will be warned after an error and you can manually shot down the system after you got a warning. You can also check all sections for “Beep” so you will be warned for example if the fan begin to turn low or stops.

ABIT OC Guru

The ABIT OC Guru is a Window-based over clocking utility to automatically and immediately over clock the external clock for an extra bit of juicy.

All the settings adjusted under ABIT OC Guru will be displayed in real-time, allowing users to most control over their systems, as well as instant hardware gratification, and save it into different settings.

The ABIT OC GURU utilizes hardware technique to protect the act of over clocking failure. Once the system fails by over clocking, users can reset the system to have it rebooted, and then the system will be back to the previous optimized settings.

OC Guru Settings where you can:

1. Configure any one of 6 options by clicking the [Configure Preset] button,

2. Configure the one used for Auto drive by clicking the [Configure button],

3. Configure “Soft Menu” option simultaneously both in the OS system and the BIOS by clicking the [Soft menu]

4. Configure the time interval for powering on and/or powering off the system by clicking the [Power Cycle Control] button

Turbo/Normal/Quiet Modes

These Factory-Preset, unchangeable options consists of [Turbo], [Normal] and [Quiet] modes:
[Turbo]: This option controls the parameters regarding CPU, Memory Modules, AGP and PCI Frequency, and Fan Speed by aggressive values, allowing higher speed in performance.

[Normal]: This option controls the parameters regarding CPU, Memory Modules, AGP and PCI Frequency, and Fan Speed by their standard values.

[Quiet]: This option controls the parameters regarding CPU, Memory Modules, AGP and PCI Frequency, and Fan Speed by in-aggressive values, resulting lover speed in performance. (Since this computer was new I have used this setting.)
User1/User2/user3 Modes

These User-Defined changeable options consist of [User1], [user2] and [user3] modes. These independent options allow you to have three personal defined settings. (Right now I use User1 for testing over clocking. And have got from 2.247 to 2.277 MHz)
Auto Drive

The “Auto Drive” is a quick access to configure one specific mode for any program you would like to have. For example, you can select “Turbo” mode for running some particular games, or you can select “Quiet” mode for running Media Player.

If I want to over clock I can use OC Guru Configuration and adjust External Clock, CPU, AGP, DDR, NB, SB and Ht voltage. CPU/SYS fan intelligently and automatically adjust the fan speed according to system loading and temperature. Other functions are [Mode select], [Reference Temp], [High/Low Temp], [High/LOW Volt] and [Optimize]. The last items allow you to let OC Guru find its best configuration automatically.

SoftMenu

ABIT uGuru enables you a Window based utilisation of ABIT`s exclusive “SoftMenu” that was used to be set up only in the BIOS setup menu.

Power Cycle Control

AC /PC Power Cycle Statistic

This column records the power and cycle statistics.

[AC Power on total statistic]: Displays the hours that your AC power supply had been connected with power regardless of powering on or off the system.

[PC Up Time Total]: Displays the total hours that your system had been powered on ever since.

[PC Up Time]: Displays the hours that your system had been powered on that time.

[AC Power Cycles]: Displays the times that your power supply had been connected with power and switched to ON position.

[PC Power Cycles]: Displays the total times that your system had been powered on ever since.

[PC Reset Button Cycles]: Displays the total times that your system had been reset ever since.

Power cycle control

By clicking the [Power off] boxes, you can have your system automatically turned off exactly the hour, minute and second on the day of the month.
ABIT FLashMenu

The ABIT FlashMenu is the most stable Window-based BIOS flash available. No more worries from crashing. With one click of BIOS updating, ABIT users can flash their BIOS more easily and in less time.

Features: FlashMenu, Update From File, Save BIOS and One Click LiveUpdate.

ABIT BlackBox

As the name depicted, the ABIT BlackBox act like the black box found on aircrafts. When your system crashes, it will record information pertinent to your system and problem, such CPU Type, CPU Speed, Memory size and a summary of devises presented in your PC into a text file. You can then automatically e-mail ABIT for technical support with this text file. ABIT will then be able to determine your problem and will e-mail you back directly with solution.

As you can se, there is a lot of details and I think it is best as a tool for controlling the computers software, temperature and for over clocking.

http://www.abit-usa.com/innovations/uguru.php

This link shows pictures to what I have written above.

Lagu ;)