PDA

View Full Version : 31st in Predictor

Nflight
04-16-2006, 02:47 PM
31st in Predictor

That is according to this link: http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/teams.php?project=pah

Congratualtions everyone for a Job Well Done. :hello1: :hathat1:

Lagu
04-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Hi

Very good work by all as is running that project yet.

There is over 100 members participating but only 19 (if am right?) as run it every day. Some others run it from time to time or 3-4 day per week. If 50 ran every day it should be a large boost.
But there is the same which project we run. I think LLR have all members crunching 100 %.

Lagu :)

Superzerocool
04-17-2006, 04:12 AM
Good job... :P COngrats to everyone...

Please don't forgot the WhatPulse :P (we're 310th) ;)

Steve Lux
04-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Please realize that some of us aren't intending to put our resources out there just because a project exists. I want my crunching to to be for a purpose that benefits mankind. Projects like BURP, keyloggers, mouse loggers, finding whatever prime number have little to do with what I consider to be solving the important issues of mankind's existance.

If you want to support these non-vital efforts that is your choice, but when it comes down to the potential for saving people's lives I know where I want to focus my efforts. Being first, or placing well in a non-vital effort is something I for one have little interest in. Now, placing well in a potentially life saving project, that I can get into.

Nflight
04-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Steve Lux I feel the same way, My compliments to your thinking and mine are in parallel. Too solve the worlds problems means that we must start at the root of self preservation, hence a longer life to find the problems of life extention. Disease and Cancer are rooted in Protein substructure. BY doing SIMAP and Predictor we are assisting the clinical labs in reducing the time for drugs and research to reach the Drugstores and Pharmacies authorized by the FDA.
Thank You Steve, Thank You very Much for following along on my same path.
;)

Strongbow
04-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Steve & Nflight,

Very good points raised, I'm in total agreement so I've just dedicated a couple of cores now to Predictor due to you two!

Nflight
04-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Thank You Blackheath :)

drezha
04-17-2006, 02:52 PM
While I follow ideas set down by Steve and Nflight, I differ slightly.

Yep, I see the benefits of Predictor and the like and happily run them. But I think CPDN deserves attention.
What use is drugs if we cant live on the planet? :? :shock:

and when I ran the prime numbers, do not all PC's make use of maths? Perhaps for running the very projects you run (not to qualified to knwo what happens with the research but...I think it uses maths!) It's possible prime numbers are used...now while not amazingly great, those prime's may be helpful to various things... ;)

but yes I agree...
SIMAP, Predictor and CPDN are my main projects :D

Ototero
04-17-2006, 03:03 PM
3 of the most amazing numbers used in every branch of research is ......

π (pi)

i (√-1)

and ∞

There would be no research without them :!:

Sorry, I'm off topic.

Steve Lux
04-17-2006, 04:28 PM
Oh, I'm into Climate Prediction also. The Earthly climate and our efforts to understand it are obviously areas of human stuardship that effect modern humanity and our human legacies.

I don't recall the name of the project at this time, but I understand there is one on the way that tracks near earth bodies in space. I intend to support that with some capacity when I can run it.

I suppose that if I had capacity to "spare" I could expend some on less vital projects, but there are people dying today and people who will die in some tomorrow (possibly our own decendants?) who may not have if we do what we can today.

NeoGen
04-17-2006, 06:10 PM
It's Orbit@Home (http://orbit.psi.edu/) but unfortunately from what I remember the project wasn't granted funds for their proposal and ended up stalled.
The site's still up, so maybe they haven't given up yet.

NeoGen
04-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Yep... I was right. Here's the thread where I saw it:
http://orbit.psi.edu/forum_thread.php?id=158

Our proposal submitted to NASA last summer has not been selected for funding.

The orbit@home project hasn't been able yet to find stable funding for its development, but we will continue to work on it with even more passion, investing as much time as possible on it. All the orbit@home users around the world can be sure that this project will start to crunch at full power at some time in the future, even if this time is getting a bit farther now. And we will also continue to apply for other funding, improving the quality of our proposals to increment the chances of getting funded.

Pasquale

Lagu
04-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Hi

QMC@Home is also a project as crunch cancer molekyles if I am not wrong. Thet project should perhaps be another alternative. A WU can take from 7 to 32 hours to run but on a fast computer AMD of cource you earn wery good points.
I´m running it and have earned ower 850 points for 32 hours work.

Lagu :)

Empty_5oul
04-17-2006, 07:25 PM
i agree with the usefullness being a big part.
but personally i am into graphics, therefore i regard burp as one of the top projects. One day when you can submit your own renders it will be useful to me.

Whereas with predictor and many others i dont recall much being found so far. (the number projects are the exceptions as primes are found fairly frequently but again on a "real" level if these are discovered or not they make no difference to me).

drezha
04-17-2006, 08:05 PM
I believe QMC@home to only be testing there software/hardware ATM...

The molecules at the mintue are DNA molecules...What about the DNA molecules it doesn't say... :?

Superzerocool
04-18-2006, 03:05 AM
Please realize that some of us aren't intending to put our resources out there just because a project exists. I want my crunching to to be for a purpose that benefits mankind. Projects like BURP, keyloggers, mouse loggers, finding whatever prime number have little to do with what I consider to be solving the important issues of mankind's existance.

If you want to support these non-vital efforts that is your choice, but when it comes down to the potential for saving people's lives I know where I want to focus my efforts. Being first, or placing well in a non-vital effort is something I for one have little interest in. Now, placing well in a potentially life saving project, that I can get into.

Yes, I contribute with WCG and Ubero, but WhatPulse (31xth Team Rank) and Bewes (9th team rank) is a joke to people, and these proyects will be considered as a joke for everyone. But relax, these "proyects" aren't more important than a name of molecule or other weired things....

(Sorry for english, I speak spanish :P)

Steve Lux
04-18-2006, 09:03 PM
When it comes to speaking Spanish I only know a few curse words, the numbers from one to ten and a handful of other words. You're doing a better job than I would at communicating in a second language.

Steve Lux
04-18-2006, 09:09 PM
And another thing... We are now in 30th place in Predictor.

mitro
04-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Well I'm officially back on the job. I pulled my #1 machine off Einstein. It will be dissappointing to see the RAC of that machine drop like a rock. (Thanks to the optimized apps it was doing 2200 credits/day)

Top 20 here we come!

Steve Lux
04-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Welcome back into the Predictor fray. Go team go!