PDA

View Full Version : RegistryFix

Lagu
04-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Hi

What are you guys experience of software as can clean or repair your registry? I have run RegistryFix version 5.5 (third-party) and this program found 102 different keys as it should help me repair. However it only repaired 12 keys. I think I had to register but didn’t.
I have Norton System Works as also can search the registry or repair or Undo them. This software also can defrag the disc and repair it.

What I think of we can impossible remember all programs we have on our hard disc and which programs we have removed. For example RegistryFix found this key:

HKEY_Current_User\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run
Valuename: uptime-project
Value: C\program\Client\Client.exe

RegistryFix says this key will affect windows start-up procedure.

I have removed this program it is still in the registry. It is too bad many programs not remove all files. We always will have crap in the Registry.

But how secure is it to always rely on a registry repair program? I think if we choose “Repair all” there can be any mistake so any programs who is in dependence of a registry lost this key.

But how will we remember all stuff we have on our computers so we can be secure to repair a registry KEY?

How are you guys doing for maintenance your registry?

Lagu :)

Lagu
04-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi

RegistryFix have logged all KEYS as is in need for measure. There are 26 KEYS such:
c\program\Microsoft antispyware\gcasdtserv.exe.
I have had Microsoft Antispyware Beta and remove it because it newer found a spyware or dialer.

This should be removed without risk.

Lagu

NeoGen
04-16-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm a bit afraid of Registry "cleaners". I remember some years ago one of the applications of the norton systemworks package had one and I tried it. It presented me with hundreds of keys needing fixing, and I knew that many of them could be treated, but there's always that small percentage of them that might actually be as they are, and if they're changed the corresponding software will not work so well...