PDA

View Full Version : Flash

vaughan
08-12-2003, 02:39 PM
BR I need some help again!
Warning: Linux newbie alert.
When I try to browse this site in Linux Mandrake 9.0 I don't see the Flash menu icons on the left of the home page. I get a message saying I need to install Macromedia. I follow the link and that site says my browser is unsupported (using Konqueror). Further navigation gets me to a Macromedia install page but then nothing happens.
Can you do a piece on how to install the dreaded Macromedia goodies so we can see the menu.
Alternatively, can we have a "non-Macromedia" version of the home page menu icons please?

Bionic_Redneck
08-12-2003, 04:29 PM
go here (http://macromedia.mplug.org/) for rpm. konqueror uses plugins in netscape or mozilla plugin directory. once installed just open konqueror look at menu you need to go to setting-configure konqueror another window should open now scroll down to plugins now click scan for plugins. once all that is done click plugin tab and it should have a list of all your plugins hopefully shockwave flash is now there. now all you need to do is restart konqueror for the new plugin to take effect.

vaughan
09-08-2003, 12:03 PM
I get permission denied.

Bionic_Redneck
09-08-2003, 01:21 PM
could you explain a little more. what is giving you the permission denied? you can always log in as root