PDA

View Full Version : Do not advertise...

ahab3333
03-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Removed by admin.

Please do not use our forums for your own personal gain. This forum is for trading or selling, not for advertising.

Please respect our forum!

Thanks

vaughan
03-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Gomez (aka Porivo) Peer does use bandwidth so if your internet connection has a download cap you need to watch that it doesn't consume too much. It is not as bad in this respect as the non-paying Grub client. In a way it is a little like a "pyramid scheme" where the referring person is rewarded with a dollar per referal and the people running it get a fraction of a cent per minute of CPU processing time. Obviously the money to be made is in referring, ergo ahab3333's advert.
Personally, I make about USD5 a month out of it and that is with zero referrals. You don't have to include a referrer if you don't want to. I know that on the old AMD Users forum hosted by Bruce at Amerak.com we had a thread showing many users in our team already had tried Porivo at some time or another.
I hope sincerely that this forum thread doesn't deteriorate into a "select me as your Gomez referrer so I can make some fast bucks" fiasco.