PDA

View Full Version : Hmm...daily quota?

Electabots
04-27-2006, 06:51 PM
4/27/2006 1:47:42 PM|Einstein@Home|Message from server: (reached daily quota of 64 results)

Hmm...didn't know there was a max you can do a day... Is there anyway to raise this? Or should I just do more then one project?

Lagu
04-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi

Einstein@Home is one of our race project. If there is a daily limit of 64 works should it affect the race. How long takes a WU? 1,50 hour? If we use say 3 computers is there a limit for each of them or total? Mean this limit how many we can receive not submit?

Lagu :cool:

AMD-USR_JL
04-27-2006, 08:07 PM
No there is no way to raise it. Only the project admin can. It limits you per cpu, so i am guessing Electabots has a dually since right now the quota is at 32 per cpu.

There are 3 batches of WUs. The 2 longs ones take about 50 min. The short one is very short i think somewhere like a little less than 1,000 Seconds. There will be a 32 per cpu limit on each your computers Lagu. Yea, and thats how many you can recieve that day.

Electabots
04-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Hmm...well that kinda sucks...Oh well...
Guess i'll run 2 projects, thanks for the info :)

drezha
04-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Is that with the optimised app? :shock:

because 50 mins... :shock: Mine was estimated at 3hr 20mins and it now about an hour with the optimised app :D

NeoGen
04-27-2006, 09:25 PM
Hmm... I wasn't aware of such a low quota on Einstein... This could be grounds for kicking Einstein out of the contest. :?

How easy is it to hit that quota?

AMD-USR_JL
04-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Really easy when you use an optimized exe. There is a lot of complaints about it on the forums. I think i heard that they will allow more once they release the official optimized version and have a faster server, they think it might crash the server if everyone crunched 4.8X faster.

mitro
04-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Its really not that big of a deal. I just set up my preferences to "Connect to network" every 10 days. Then you make sure you connect every day you can and you will build up a reserve of WU within a few days.

drezha
04-28-2006, 12:19 AM
Really easy when you use an optimized exe. There is a lot of complaints about it on the forums. I think i heard that they will allow more once they release the official optimized version and have a faster server, they think it might crash the server if everyone crunched 4.8X faster.
http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/workunit.php?wuid=7442851

Yeah my first unit with an optmised client and the unoffcial app. :D
Thats a lot of points for not a lot of work :D

My guess the first guy is using normal.
The second guy has the optimised app but not the client...
On a faster PC you might exceed 32 results a CPU a day...

I cant TBH. About an hour and a bit per WU...