PDA

View Full Version : Leiden WU´s and checkpoint

Lagu
05-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Hi

I don’t know if I think I’ve got more heavy works the last days. I have work units ranging from:

AMD Athlon 64 ....01.25 – 20.10 CPU-minutes
AMD Athlon 1001 01.34 – 50.51 CPU-minutes
Intel P II .............01.34 minutes to 4.15 CPU-hours (Normal, slow processor)

I perhaps got to much Bhutan or water molecules and I believe they are different build and different compact. My computers a little slower but it perhaps is me as is imagining that.

I’ve also discovered a message In Boinc manager as says:

“Using earliest-deadline-first scheduling because computer is overcommitted”. My computer is evidently working too hard so to say or what it now means :?:

Can any tell me what it means?

Any as have discovered if you close Boinc and restart it your WU begins from zero? The checkpoint isn’t working if Boinc is restarted. :!:

Lagu. :D

NeoGen
05-04-2006, 11:11 PM
“Using earliest-deadline-first scheduling because computer is overcommitted”.
That means that boinc will stop getting more work, and focus on what it has in queue because it estimates that it may not finish it before the deadlines.
Earliest-Deadline-First (also called EDF mode) means that now boinc will sort the workunits by their deadline, and do them in that order until it reaches a point where it's safe to go back to normal mode and get more, or until all the workunits are done.

EDIT: That applies to all projects that you have on your boinc manager.