PDA

View Full Version : Attention , please read

Lagu
05-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Hi my friends

We had been thinking to run ExtremeLab and I had said no more changes but now I get worry because I not got contact with the server and because we only get 10 new WU´s every 40 minutes. I need at least 240 WU´s and there is a limit of 200 per day. Others with faster computers need the double. I’ve tried to resume all WU´s but not get any new, restart Boinc, reconnect to the project and so on without positive results. I must say I have changed my mind. I can only se problems for us all.

Should we take another project instead? I appreciate for this message but we must do anything. We can’t sit and wait of a solution as never will come before Sunday.
It is sad we get problems as we not could foresee or set right (difficult word but I hope you understand what I will tell you)

Beware for this message: But now I will download new work, but every time I got the message that my last RPC was too recent. Is that a new phenomena?

Please tell us what you think. Will we change to another project?

I will thank you all for your patience. It is the first time ever we got problems with different project when we have a Competition.

NeoGen were is you your ace?

Lagu :)

AMD-USR_JL
05-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Can I suggest replacing XtremLab with SIMAP? :D
I have a borged pc running it and wanna see it crunch some numbers. :D It's actually a little 1300Mhz P4 that is my Dad's@work.

I am so proud of myself. I made a stealth installation :D. He has no idea it's running as a service on his puter. He hasn't told me of any slow downs, he has had after i was there preforming inventory. :D Just the other day I asked him, "Do you BOINC?." "No," he replied. I laughed inside :D. My next target is my Uncle's 2.6Ghz P4. :D It use't to be mine and it crunched with a rac of 300+ for the Master Strategy Group.

I think that whole doubling every X amount of years is true. I went from a P2 to a P3 700 to P4 1300 to a P4 2600 to an X2 2570.

Lagu
05-05-2006, 11:04 PM
You is a good "lurker". Of source your father is unwitting about what you have done with his computer. Another generation with other words

Yes, we may see and hear what other think and say.

Lagu :D

Lagu
05-05-2006, 11:19 PM
A solution is to crunch STAKI as we planned but start it earlier. But are there any limit for WU´s per day?

Lagu :cool:

Evil-Dragon
05-05-2006, 11:39 PM
What about running 2 projects instead of just Xtremlab on it's own?

Lagu
05-05-2006, 11:45 PM
As you all know ve should run Einstein but there was a limit of 32 per day. Now I have checked Mitros computer and he have over 300 WU´s. He said if we choose 10 days delay to the server we can get a lot o works.

Perhaps we should try it. Running 2 project at the same time should give Neogen double work when collecting our points.

I´m for Einstein. It must be a lot better than ExtremLab.

NeoGen
05-05-2006, 11:47 PM
This week has gotten so problematic that I'm considering invalidating this week's race. :? Each project I pick gets to have a problem I didn't know about.

I can't ask you guys to change project again this late, so how about taking a week of break to scan if there's any more problems with any other projects?

Lagu
05-06-2006, 12:16 AM
NeoGen

I have right now 21 works from XtremLab. If we leave our network open we got 10 new work every 40 minutes. If for example my computer use 9 minutes for each work it will be 90 minutes.

I see now there is no prolems for us as have one core. I think we can run ExtremLab yet. When I wrote my "Attentition" message I didnn´t know that because I not get any contact with the server. Suddenly I got 10 WU´s and 10 more lather. There is no risk our computers will run idle.

The only question is what they with dual cores say. 1.5 hour is this enough for them or will their computers run idle after 10 wu´s.

I´m thinking about the last years race. There was no one as had a dual core why all was so much eisier.

Right now I´m crunching that project and it seems fine.

NeoGen
05-06-2006, 01:29 AM
I started it too, but I may have to invalidade it as a race... every machine no matter how fast or slow seems to take those same 9 minutes.... It's a bit unfair. :-(

I'll await for the answers of the rest of the Team to see what they think...

gamer007
05-06-2006, 01:37 AM
I don't think it's fair either. I'm often using CPU intensive programs, taking away some time, leaving the WU completed @ 1min. Some only take 5secs because all the CPU time was taken away. Perhaps we should put in PrimeGrid?

NeoGen
05-06-2006, 01:48 AM
I can't ask for a project change this late either... so I'll do the normal data collection and stuff as if it was a race week, but will most likely not count it on the Championship points... :-(
So... if you guys wanna take a week off on your pet projects, this is the best time. Or you can run with XtremLab just to see how it goes and I'll record and present your daily points.
EDIT: Remember SZTAKI on the 3rd week. Check out how many days their workunits have of deadline. It might be good for an initial boost again ;)

Regarding another project to come in the Championship... yea, Primegrid seems good. And I also remember someone recently said SIMAP, which it too seems good.

gamer007
05-06-2006, 01:55 AM
Ya. SIMAP seems good. I haven't had a problem with the project yet. Neither with PrimeGrid. :)

Nflight
05-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Comment towards SIMAP

http://boinc.bio.wzw.tum.de/boincsimap/server_status.php

They are in the green! :roll: :)

mitro
05-06-2006, 02:43 PM
I've wanted to do SIMAP, I crunched 1 WU once then got sidetracked. :)

drezha
05-06-2006, 03:08 PM
SIMAP is a very stable project :)

Strongbow
05-06-2006, 04:11 PM
I've been tinkering around in XtremLab and it's OK but not really Championship quality as we now all know...

I liked Leiden until my broadband went down for a couple of days! ...how about we play in Leiden next week (championship or not) to give our team an even more worthy boost and carry on as normal in the Championship the week after?

I know it's late in the day to make changes but everyone who is competing is definately active at AMDUSERS and so it shouldn't be too bad!

Lagu
05-06-2006, 04:13 PM
NeoGen

Please disqualify XtremLab! I have run it over the night and day and the communication between Boinc and the server didn’t work properly. There can be works where all is done and are awaiting for submitting to long. I had as most 35 WU´s and now I have 10. Their server not want put out work in time. On my other computer done WU´s are waiting for the server to collect them and receive new works but there is too long delay between the server and computer.

You have told us you will take a break and I think you need a pause for more careful investigation. It is better all works than we will jump from projects to another project as we not have planned to run. Also it is important as you say no member will feel he is discriminate and can run a project as it fit him/her. Fair play comes in first hand.

You are the administrator of the race. I and sure other will have patience. We can run other project during the break.

Lagu :evil:

Lagu
05-06-2006, 05:00 PM
We was planning run these projects:

Leiden Classic Done, Successes
Predictor Maximum quota per day: 200
XtremLab Unstable, replace with Simap? Maximum quota per day 250
SZTAKI Stable, Maximum quota per day: 498
HascClash Stable, maximum quota per day: 10.000
Einstein@Home Stable, maximum quota per day 32 (Mitro has collect 398)
Rosetta@Home Stable, maximum quota per day 100
uFluids Stable, maximum quota per day 14
A wu can takes 5.5 hours. On my slover Athlon 18.30 hours

What say you NeoGen? Decide wisch and we will run it. I think it isn´t to late yet. It is onlu Saursay today.

Lagu :D

Empty_5oul
05-06-2006, 05:03 PM
perhaps promote SZTAKI a few weeks ahead.

I have never experienced problems with it. It has a decent WU quota per day and plenty of work.

Lagu
05-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Hi

In Simap they use 3 different computer for each work as will verify your work, a total of 4 computers. There is a little short delay but not to long as in Leiden .

Lagu ;)

Evil-Dragon
05-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Can someone tell me what project is running for next week? I'm starting to get confused and have already started crunching XtremLab... :?:

So whats it to be? Predictor, XtremLab, SIMAP or SZTAKI?

Electabots
05-06-2006, 06:20 PM
I am really confused how everyone is getting all these problems with xtremelab. I ran it night and day 24/7 with no problems, no connection issues. Never ran out of wus, etc... I never hit a limit either.
Mine downloads 15 or so at a time but will download more way before I finish my 15.I suppose if you are running on a machine that can only connect to the net every so often that could be a problem *shrug* Oh well whatever neogen decides on I'll crunch(doing xtremelab at the moment till further notice)

gamer007
05-06-2006, 06:36 PM
I don't mind the lack of a cache. The only thing is all the WUs are 10min long, no matter what CPU you have.

Lagu
05-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Hi

I too run XtremLab and stopped it when all WU´s was done and submitted them.

I´m waiting for NeoGen´s reply to us all. Please have patience. I´dont know if he have problems with his broadband. He used to be online often.

Lagu :cool:

Lagu
05-06-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't mind the lack of a cache. The only thing is all the WUs are 10min long, no matter what CPU you have.

Gamer007, this isn´t true. Mitro have done 10 WU´s whitin 30 minutes. We must be thinking of members as have dual cores.

Lagu
05-06-2006, 07:09 PM
NeoGen

SZTAKI OK????

NeoGen
05-06-2006, 07:58 PM
The best possible solution is to take this week off as break (championship-wise), and for me to study the projects some more, and have sztaki for the 3rd week as scheduled.

And now that I see it... SZTAKI has deadlines of 10 days! :shock:
I can only imagine the numbers some people will dump... :P

Lagu
05-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Ok NeoGen

You said it and I say Amen.

I´ll run uFluids. I have 6 of them since we started the race. They will take 5.51 hours each.