PDA

View Full Version : Flash intro screen

nickth
03-09-2004, 09:38 PM
I was having a play arround with a flash editor and have come up with a spash screen for AMD Users before entering main site :D you can have a look at it here. (http://amdusers.yourprivatespace.com) It dose have sound as well. Post any commits below please :D

Keith75
03-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Well, I think it looks great. A little slow at first though. I know nothing about flash. You might want to make the delay between "Welcome" and "to" a bit shorter. Really liked the look of it. Couldn't hear the sound on this machine though. :-(

vaughan
03-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Nice work nickth.
I agree with KeithW, a little slow at first. Sound is great. I'd change the text to say Welcome ... to ... AMD Users.com ... Distributed Computing Team instead of just Welcome ... to ... AMD Users.
Can we get rid of the advertising banners?

Jeff
03-09-2004, 10:10 PM
If everyone likes it then we'll host it on AMDUsers.com...NO ADS!!

LoL
me=dork

nickth
03-09-2004, 10:17 PM
Ok i like the ideas :D and the files are sitting on my desk top anyway. i'll leave it as it is as the moment and do the amendment tomorrow evening when i'm home from work :D

numibesi
03-09-2004, 11:12 PM
There is an excelent work, i agree with the above opinions but i voted NO, nowadays at least in my opinion a site that start's with a flash apresentation must have ttwo things:

1st - Be a VERY fast presentation or ppl will leave
2nd - Must have a SKIP button or link, were 99% of the visitors will click to view the site content faster

Moral... A good thing to have but lot's of work not meritorely viwed. Just my opinion.

But once again an EXCELENT WORK ;) . Congrats

Bionic_Redneck
03-10-2004, 01:33 AM
thats pretty good but I would have to agree that it's a little too much and flash intros can be annoying but I think a flash banner would be a great idea.

chaz
03-10-2004, 09:42 AM
I dont know much about Flash, but we should keep it friendly to dial up users as well. I dont think they'd want to wait any longer than necessary for the page/site to load. We wouldnt want anyone to be discouraged from visiting beacuse of page loading times.

Although I think it is a good idea.

shnal
03-11-2004, 10:01 PM
I think it's very good. We should consider using it. We can always have a link underneath to "skip intro".

I have used flash myself and I think it's more than just a play around. I didnt see any delay in loading but perhaps just add a preloader for dial-up users?

:D Good work.