PDA

View Full Version : I´ve testrun XtremeLab

Lagu
05-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Hi

I’ve now test run XtremLab on all my 3 computers. So far that happens:

I’ve used 3 different speeds on my A 64: 2244/204, 210/210, 2387/217 MHz.

My Athlon 64 gets only 10 new works every 40 minutes. CPU-time for the WU to be done ranges from 09.51 - 9.59 minutes
My Athlon 1001 MHz has right now 126 WU´s. CPU-time ranges from 08.31 - 9.55 minutes.
My Intel PII (Useless) have 200 work units queued with and an average CPU-time of 2.37 hours.

The Intel have got 10 new works every 40 minutes whish was added to all other as I got. Due to this slow computer I at last got 200 in all. There is a little chance to get these WU´s verified. I was thinking to use a USB memory and move all files to my 64 but there were no files to move. I was forced to bring the project to an end for removing all files. If am persists it should takes weeks to complete. There is only 6 days deadline so no chance crunches all.

There seems as my slower Athlon crunch the work unit a little faster than my AMD 64 3200+. I think it helps very little to speed up the computer if you not is as Mitro who is superb on speeding up the computer.

Lagu :)

dAVE
05-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Lagu, XtremLab seems to work differently to other DC projects in that it is not doing any useful number crunching but is testing how DC works in practice so that other projects can use DC more efficiently. Each work unit runs for just under 10 minutes whatever the machine. The credit for the work unit is then based on the speed of the machine. I do not know if this is the speed reported by the BOINC Manager, ie so an optimised client would give a higher credit/work unit, or it counts something like actual CPU cycles. My results are ambiguous. Perhaps someone else knows the answer. I do know that if you make the work unit end more quickly you get a much lower credit.
The server would only give me between 9 and 12 work units every 40 minutes and I couldn't get round this but I think some of the others found a way.
Dave.

Lagu
05-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Yes dAVe, you are right. I use My Athlon (the slower) and claimed low points 0.84. I ´ve change to my Faster Athlon and claimed 4.56 points. A difference of 3.72.

Lagu :)