PDA

View Full Version : 26th in Predictor

Nflight
05-13-2006, 12:11 AM
I can't believe it, I even moved all my assets off Predictor to compete in the competition and we still moved up the ranks. Congratulations everyone!

By the time the Competition moves to include Predictor we should be in close proximity to 25th place. Many thanks to those who persist in maintaining our RAC as I have left momentarily to compete, don't worry I will return, soon!

Thank You everyone, Everyone take a bow! :wav:

Steve Lux
05-13-2006, 12:42 AM
As Scotty might say; "Were pushing her as much as we can Capt'n!"

NeoGen
05-13-2006, 12:46 AM
Predictor will be in the contest in little over a week from this moment. It's right after SZTAKI. :)

Nflight
05-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Now for the bad news, Since the emergence of the new and improved Boinc Client I can not for the love of GOD return to Predictor. I asked for no new work and it accepted the comand fine for a week or so. Now I want to add new work and it does nothing. NO communication no request for master file, nothing it just sits there and looks at me.

Any ideas from my fellow travellers as to how to get back on the project? :cry:

Steve Lux
05-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Sorry cannot help you. When I replaced my OS with Win XP Pro I had to log back in as a new computer on my account, but I had no trouble getting attached and no trouble getting work units. For some reason it thought it was going to take 69 minutes per WU, but it soon corrected as WUs were being completed. I guess you need to just keep trying?

Another thing.. I installed that new Boinc client and my RAC has dropped from 561 to 543 per day in Predictor on my 3800+ machine. I'll give it a week to see if it works its way back up. If not it's out with the new and back in with the old.

NeoGen
05-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Nflight... I haven't tried that new 5.4.9 version, but maybe a project reset or detach/attach would solve the problem?

drezha
05-18-2006, 12:11 AM
Not had no problems with Predictor and 5.4.9 what so ever. A detach and reattach works fine

Nflight
05-18-2006, 02:41 AM
Thanks Drezha, I kicked the bucket around the farm stall and it seemed to shake up the Boinc Client enough to let me gather way too many WU's which has dampened my SZtaki Project for theis week.

I am back on line with Predictor, Thanks for all the help everyone, Much appreciated!