PDA

View Full Version : No comments???

Keith75
03-12-2004, 12:06 AM
I thought everyone would really HOOP and HOLLAR about this project shutting down. I am really surprised, I was just getting ready to put more effort into it when I heard the news about it shutting down. I guess that is one less project to spend our time on.

Keith

Bionic_Redneck
03-12-2004, 12:31 AM
as far as I know df isn't shutting down but genome@home has

Keith75
03-12-2004, 02:58 AM
Damn my mistake. I meant Folding@Home. LOL

Keith

Bionic_Redneck
03-12-2004, 04:15 AM
no it's not folding@home eithier :lol: genome@home is shutting down but folding@home will continue

vaughan
03-12-2004, 04:20 AM
News from the Genome@Home web site:

March 8, 2004
It is with the deepest gratitude that we wish to thank all those who have contributed over the years to the Genome@home project. It has accumulated a large database of protein sequences, which will be used for important scientific purposes for many years by our group and many others throughout the world. Like all good things, however, its time has come. Over the last year we have kept Genome@home running on a very low budget by sharing much of its client infrastructure with Folding@home, but several months from now its funding will no longer be available at all.

For this reason, the Genome@home project will be terminated. While the servers will stop distributing new work units on March 10, they will remain up until April 15 to receive the final results.

Our sister project Folding@home remains on very solid financial ground. While it requires a more frequent connection to the Internet and it has a somewhat different scoring system for those who enjoy the competition, we would highly recommend it. Your continued donation of computer time to Stanford University in the Folding@home project will always be, as it has been with Genome@home, truly appreciated.

With great thanks,

Vijay Pande, Stefan Larson, & the rest of the Pande Group

Keith75
03-12-2004, 06:22 AM
Oh well that makes me feel alot better. Power of suggestion I guess. I was positive where I read that both were shutting down. LOL

Keith