PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for next week (Hashclash or other?)

NeoGen
05-25-2006, 01:53 AM
I've noticed HashClash is under a great strain lately, sometimes being unreachable for hours. There is talks just about that on the HashClash boards.

My question is... since HashClash is due next week, do you guys want to try it, or should we race on the project after HashClash (Einstein) and move HashClash two or three weeks later?

EDIT: Edited the topic title ;)

NeoGen
05-25-2006, 01:56 AM
Also, I have never chose an 8th project for the competition since we removed XtremLab. On the top of my mind I can think of Seti, Seti Beta, Simap, QMC, Ralph... and there might be others...

What would you guys like? :)

mitro
05-25-2006, 02:13 AM
I"d say replace HashClash with SIMAP and then when we are approching Week 8 we could see which project in the first 7 weeks we could revisit to do more damage :)

gamer007
05-25-2006, 02:29 AM
I don't mind any projects except SETI Beta, and QMC. SETI Beta & IIRC, QMC both have really long WUs. Ralph@Home, I don't know how much WUs are sent out regularly.

Other than this, I don't mind any projects, but SIMAP is my best choice. :)

EDIT: NeoGen, you have the final say before I make a huge cache of WUs.

ahab3333
05-25-2006, 04:18 AM
My vote would be for fluids or QMC because we could make some large jumps if we try. the work units are long but that just means that you dont get to drop massive 250 units at a time, its the same amount of work regardless of the packet size.

NeoGen
05-25-2006, 04:26 AM
EDIT: NeoGen, you have the final say before I make a huge cache of WUs.
I'm still waiting for a few more "results" to be able to reach quorum. :P

So far I picked up this from your replies guys...
SIMAP has 2 favorable votes
uFluids has 1 favorable
QMC has 1 favorable and one 1 against
Seti Beta has 1 against

Yep, I'm throwing all suggestions, pros and cons, into the bucket.
So far it seems SIMAP is winning, but I need more oppinions to make up a decent value quorum. :)

vaughan
05-25-2006, 05:18 AM
What about Prime Grid?

NeoGen
05-25-2006, 05:45 AM
Good one! :) That was one that hadn't cross my mind.

Strongbow
05-25-2006, 06:03 AM
I'd say SIMAP!

...or we could just give SZTAKI another blast, as another week on that we would surely jump a place or two on the team stats!

Evil-Dragon
05-25-2006, 07:50 AM
I was looking forward to HashClash :(

vaughan
05-25-2006, 10:20 AM
I was looking forward to HashClash :(

Me too. I managed to grab about 100 or so tasks today for a P4 3.2 to chew on. Times vary from 10 seconds to 17 min 02 secs with most tasks less than 10 mins.

NeoGen
05-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Me also... but I read on their boards that multiple people had difficulty reaching the site, and uploading results sometimes, and some days ago I too couldn't even reach the site.

Marc, the project admin says they're getting a new server very soon, so I guess we could wait a little instead of totally crashing this one. :P

And since SIMAP was the most wished project around here, let's have SIMAP this week!

SIMAP is up for the next race! :D

I'll change the race calendar now. Check it on the main boinc contest thread. Three and a half days for queuing up some workunits, should be a good amount. :)