PDA

View Full Version : Prepare for SIMAP race!

NeoGen
05-25-2006, 01:48 PM
SIMAP proved to be more popular than I thought, so this week's race is on SIMAP! :)

Looking at the top teams tables, this might be one where we don't go up in the ranks, but it will also be good if we secure our position with a good lead on the next team. BOINC@Austria is getting closer and with a mean RAC value. :P

Nflight
05-25-2006, 01:52 PM
What hppened to HAshClash? :-( I signed up and that took for freaking forever, and now the race is off, dang nabit! sigh poutting

NeoGen
05-25-2006, 01:55 PM
As I said on the other thread, the project's server is nearly crashing already (and without a contest)... so we better not stress it even more. :?
The project admin says they're getting a new server very soon, so I pushed HashClash a few weeks further.

gamer007
05-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Sounds good. I'm all set for SIMAP. I'll start caching WUs soon. :twisted:

Nflight
05-27-2006, 12:48 AM
Some of the pharmers of the Predictor race have decided to stay on course and pass Boinc Australia before we move on to the Simap race. Every little bit of crunching power we can get will get us closer to that goal before Sunday then we all move our operations over to SIMAP.

How about it, can I request everyones help on this. We really could use just one more step in our quest for 23rd position in Predictor!

Team are you with me? :)

gamer007
05-27-2006, 01:41 AM
I'm all set. Have my cache of WUs. Estimated time: just over 2 hours per WU.

Lagu
05-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Hi

I have downloaded 228,74 MB of works (125 tasks) from SIMAP but is still running Predictor 4 hour more before the queque is empty.

I submitted 44 Predictor WU´s after midnight.

Lagu :)

Nflight
05-27-2006, 11:36 PM
Time for each work unit is 38 minutes or 35 minutes depending on which machine it is but I have enough work units stashed for the start and a few days then will have to reload.
I am staying on Predictor just a little bit longer to help pass Boinc Australia and slide into 23rd place.
Then I will hoard all the WU's I can till sunday at 7pm. I will cheer once again as the start of the race begins and I can connect to the grid for the dumping of Credit.

NeoGen this Race was such a good idea!

Lagu
05-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Nflight

I think there is no chance stomp Boinc Australia. They is going forward as we do so we can´t come clocer I think..

Nflight
05-28-2006, 12:07 AM
Lagu never put doubt in a mind that is made up! Perserverence is what makes a good competitor, if you feel the need to compete and accomplish a task, you will push as hard as you can to make it happen.

Even if we don't pass them on this very date I know that I will be back to add my Work Units till we do pass them.

My Personal Motto is: Lead, Follow, or get out of the Way!

NeoGen
05-28-2006, 12:24 AM
About 10k credits to go and closing in... :)

Lagu
05-28-2006, 06:22 AM
That was strange: I got 125 WUs there all should take 36 minutes each. When i lather shecked Boinc Manager the time had increase to 1 hour and 4 min.

Any as have notised that?

drezha
05-28-2006, 11:31 AM
It'll get lower and adjust it's self to you average time taken ;)

you can see what factor the original time is changed by in your PC profile. (result Correction Factor or something similiar to that) :)

Nflight
05-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Lagu: SIMAP changes the time value as you use the computer system for other things while BOINC is running. SO if you leave your system alone the speed of each WU will fall, if you use your system for everything under the sun, then the WU's Time will rise.

From Insight from the man who sits at 3rd place. Bring it on people I haven't had any company in a long while except for Falcon. I mean will mitro, blackheath, and Vaughan show there stuff this competition and get close to me or will I have to endure looking down at everyone throughout the whole race.

I am at the Top of the pile of WU's knock me off if you can... :twisted:

NeoGen
05-28-2006, 12:18 PM
Catching up with you looks easy when comparing to Chris. :P
Chris Icide is totally dominating us all on SIMAP... more than half of the team's total credits are his! :shock:

Strongbow
05-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Fighting talk already?? :shock: :lol:

Lagu
05-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Nflight

I think you are right. I use Word and Internet at the same time but now the computer has been leave alone 8 hours but no change.

Mu computer has a speed of 2365/215 MHz and Boinc use 98 % of the recources. It is to mych change of time average when only use Internet and Word. I think it should not affect my AMD 64 3.200+ too mych.

Lagu :cry:

spikey_richie
05-28-2006, 05:55 PM
So should I jump on the SIMAP bandwagon? Or is it too late?

EDIT - Apparently I'm already registered and have credit... weird.

Re-added the project to my client, so more points to come :D

NeoGen
05-28-2006, 11:07 PM
It's never too late. :)

Start working on it and I'll show you on the contest pages how you're doing against all others. :)

spikey_richie
05-29-2006, 12:07 AM
Okay, crunched for a few hours already but i'll keep it going and also subscribe on 2 other PCs