PDA

View Full Version : 23rd in Predictor

Nflight
05-31-2006, 10:16 AM
We have finally passed Boinc@Australia to garner 23rd place.

Congrats to all who continued to push till we eclipsed this lowest position since the inception of Predictor. Thank You one and all! ;)

mitro
05-31-2006, 01:08 PM
I know that when I started Predictor, the team was 46th. So we're half way there. LOL Way to go everyone!

vaughan
05-31-2006, 02:32 PM
Congrats to all who continued to push till we eclipsed this lowest position since the inception of Predictor. Thank You one and all! ;)

Well not quite ... we were 5th once upon a time until the team got destroyed by Nick Thornton now of Free-DC. Fortunately those unhappy events are well behind us now and we have a much stronger and vibrant team. The trouble-makers have virtually dropped out of the DC scene now.

Nflight
05-31-2006, 03:26 PM
Vaughan you just had to bust our bubble didn't you! Well we have regained our fortification of strong members who are devoted to see the Team Rank rise once again.

We are few who are gaining strength in this world of hype and ridicual. But perserverence will succeed in the end. Geeks Rule! :)

Steve Lux
05-31-2006, 04:25 PM
we were 5th once upon a time until the team got destroyed - Vaughan

That the way it is with all new frontiers. 2% visionary leaders, 90% followers and 8% recalcitrant fuzzy brained morons who like to make waves and cause a ruckus.

I remember when GemStone3 opened up to AOL. We were flooded with new people, the vast majority of whom wanted to explore and have fun, but there was the small percentage that we called "10 hour wonders" (remember AOL's 10 free hour disks that were raining from the skies?) due to their habitual and repeated PvP and other forms of havok.

It was never more than a small percentage, but that small percentage took up the vast majority of our staff resources to deal with. Because so many of us on staff were so busy dealing with problem players for about a year we didn't have the resources available to be creative in any meaningful way.

The dirty little secret for those that don't think it is their business or don't want to get involved - well you are already involved because valuable people are distracted from the good they could have otherwise accomplished. Not to mention what happens to trust in your fellow mankind. It only takes one thief to sell a thousand locks and one criminal to have a law made that limits the freedoms of a society.

Beerknurd
06-02-2006, 05:11 AM
Now we are behind them again.... Mitro left our team....... :cry:

Strongbow
06-02-2006, 05:54 AM
Ugh? :shock:

Where's he gone??? :cry: :cry:

AMD-USR_JL
06-02-2006, 11:55 AM
I checked on Boincsynergy and it says he left to no team. This is still really bad. I hate to see you go Mitro. Your are welcome back anytime though. Congrats on the million credits too. :D