PDA

View Full Version : only in Portugal...

NeoGen
05-31-2006, 09:32 PM
A doctor working at a hospital realizes that the hospital needs better equipment on the ophthalmology section to be able to cope with the number of people in need of treatment. So, instead of waiting months to years for the administration to think about the idea, do the budget accounts, and probably only get the equipment in a few years, he decides to buy the equipment himself, with his own money and give it to the hospital.
The advanced ophthalmology equipment that he bought and gave to the hospital costed him 40,000 Euros from his own pockets, and increased the number of performed eye surgeries done each month by a large factor, thus treating many more patients.

It would be expected that he would be thanked somehow, but you know what really happened?

He got suspended with a disciplinary inquiry, allegedly for increasing the hospital's maintenance costs, particularly the electricity bill.

This is a true story, it was on the news tonight, but the sillyness of the whole situation made me laugh! For cryin' out loud... is this the reward we give to good and generous people? :roll:

Lagu
05-31-2006, 10:33 PM
There is no gratitude in the world

Lagu :)

PcManiac
06-01-2006, 02:55 AM
that is crazy! I would be a little upset about that! suspended because you are helping them out! I guess that happens...