PDA

View Full Version : Unable to attach to Rosetta

vaughan
06-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Is anyone else having troubles attaching to Rosetta tonight?

It seems unreachable. Tried pinging and got 4 out of 4 timed out.

AMD-USR_JL
06-03-2006, 01:05 PM
I can't reach it either. :-(

daddygeek
06-03-2006, 01:07 PM
I was able to update, but no work
"6/3/2006 8:38:11 AM|rosetta@home|Message from server: No work sent"

Big Whiskey
06-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Just tried, had no problems downloading.
But I had to reset a bunch projects to get them going again after racing on Simap.

Evil-Dragon
06-03-2006, 02:49 PM
I managed to get work ok...

vaughan
06-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Fixed now; dunno what was wrong. Just got 3 PCs to attach and they are all d/l files now. Looks like Rosetta has some big files to grab just to get started.

drezha
06-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Rosetta I think has one of the largest things except CPDN.

Oh and the optimised clients come into there own in Rosetta :D

Nflight
06-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Oh and the optimised clients come into there own in Rosetta :D

Just what does that mean, come into there own, own what? :?:

On my systems I downloaded the WU's last week, remember my post I have enough WU's till August. Currently off Network Activity as I gather strength for Sunday nights reporting.

Evil-Dragon
06-03-2006, 05:40 PM
QMC has bigger workunits: 8-15 hrs.

I just crunched two of their workunits, took forever. Plus their software isn't displaying how much %'age it's done in BOINC, except in the screensaver.

gamer007
06-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Rosetta is going REAL SLOW! :evil:

I can barely navigate through their site without timing out... And the server page says everything is fine. But no, I cannot do anything on their site.

Big Whiskey
06-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Probably slow becuase of the mass exodus of SETI refugees looking for new projects.

gamer007
06-03-2006, 11:53 PM
I've been looking through posts on the SETI forum. How and why did people accuse Crunch3r of cheating?

BlackAdder
06-04-2006, 12:00 AM
I haven't been able to figure that out either...with some of the long term crunchers droping out for various reasons, especially Paul Buck I don't see why I should return to Seti myself.They will really have to change their attitude before I return..... :cry:

Evil-Dragon
06-04-2006, 12:24 AM
SETI is a pointless project anyway... life on other planets? Who gives a crap? We can't even live on earth without killing each other so knowing there is other life out there isn't really going to make much difference.

I have crunched about 1 WU for SETI and 1 WU for SETI beta, i plan not to do anymore workunits even if it's for a competition.... it's just a waste of CPU.

dAVE
06-04-2006, 12:48 AM
My take on it all is that Seti has been trying to level out the playing field, especially in respect of Linux, which has been under claiming on all projects for a long time. The anti optimised clients bandwagon jumped on it and claimed that these clients were in fact cheats. There were then allegations that certain processors and operating systems were favoured by the regular code and the optimised clients levelled the playing field. Things got complicated when it was pointed out that the optimised clients used things like SSE2 to increase their scores whilst many of the projects did not use them, everything then got very nasty with claims that some of Crunch3R’s credits had reached 60 for one WU. The sad thing is that many of these optimised clients/apps streamlined the code and actually made the WUs run faster leading to more science per host. The truth was, as usual, the first casualty. dAVE

AMD-USR_JL
06-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Before you start crunching on rosetta, you guys should think about muon1 (DPAD). That's where Free-DC is beasting us the most at the DC-vault. I've only ran a couple hours so far. If any of you have upgraded to the newer boinc and can't disable the network activity to get a big cache, then think about running DPAD a little.

To join our team, run the gui. When it asks for your name type "[AMD Users]Your Name". Also you might want to go into config.txt and change the auto-send to yes.

Happy DPADing. :D

AMD-USR_JL
06-04-2006, 01:00 AM
My take on it all is that Seti has been trying to level out the playing field, especially in respect of Linux, which has been under claiming on all projects for a long time. The anti optimised clients bandwagon jumped on it and claimed that these clients were in fact cheats. There were then allegations that certain processors and operating systems were favoured by the regular code and the optimised clients levelled the playing field. Things got complicated when it was pointed out that the optimised clients used things like SSE2 to increase their scores whilst many of the projects did not use them, everything then got very nasty with claims that some of Crunch3R’s credits had reached 60 for one WU. The sad thing is that many of these optimised clients/apps streamlined the code and actually made the WUs run faster leading to more science per host. The truth was, as usual, the first casualty. dAVE

Sorry made a new page over an important post

AMD-USR_JL
06-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Look here (http://www.dc-vault.com/showteam.php?team=132) that 181 pts is all me baby! :D