PDA

View Full Version : Einstein down! Again! >_<

taters
06-07-2006, 05:32 AM
Lol :evil:
Next time I will make sure to queue up like a 100 jobs... (how do I do that btw?) I was doing so nicely with this new optimized client. :\

Strongbow
06-07-2006, 06:01 AM
Hi taters,

You would need to go the your account preferences in Einstein, select General and then adjust "Connect to network about every " to a larger amount of days. Click on Update in BOINC and 'Hey Presto' you'll get inundated with a load more WUs to crunch!

taters
06-07-2006, 07:39 AM
Ahh, thanks... I actually set it to a lower number earlier today (right before the crash :evil: ), because I thought - often contact = more data... but I guess not. More like rare sex = better sex. Haha

vaughan
06-07-2006, 07:58 AM
The other trick to do is to left click on the Work tab in BOINC Manager then left click each task and left click the Suspend button on the left-hand side of the screen. Do this for each task. When ALL have been suspended then go to the Projects tab and then the project you want (eg. Einstein) and click the Update button on the left-hand side of the screen. This sometimes (but not always, but that's 'cus its boinc'ed :twisted: ) will fill the cache with tasks again. Next un-Suspend all the tasks you got earlier. Now you should have heaps of work.

Nflight
06-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Contributed by Curly Brackets

June 7, 2006 Einstein@Home is back online. The problems we had tonight were due to a breaker popping in the database server UPS . Thank you for your patience.

Source - http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/

Evil-Dragon
06-12-2006, 05:59 PM
And down again... luckily i have enough WU's to keep my clients going for the next 7-8 hrs yet... although one stopped getting WU's due to 32 WU's per CPU per day rubbish.

Lagu
06-12-2006, 06:55 PM
I had set the connection to every 10 days but I got only 32 WU´s as is the limit per 24 hour period.

Trying to get more WU´s is impossible. The whole time I try send/receive I got a message as say I have reached the maximum quouta.

It isn´t so small WU`s. They takes 3.39.50 each.

Lagu :)

Evil-Dragon
06-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Correct, i found out why today.

The server will send a maximum of 8 WU's per CPU (up to a max of 4 CPU's)

With each result that is sent back, the quota request doubles and requests up to double the first number of WU's requested up to a limit of 32 WU's in a day period.

So if you had a quad CPU pc, you would get 8 WU's for each cpu/core. After that, no more WU's.

The limit needs to be raised, as it causes serious issues if you are using askof (sp?) optimised client/s.

drezha
06-12-2006, 08:27 PM
The limit needs to be raised, as it causes serious issues if you are using askof (sp?) optimised client/s.

It doesn't. Remember it's only really the tech savvy etc using the askof client and this raising the limit will have little to no affect on the standard "install and let be" crunchers.

Also Einstein team obviously have reason's for keeping the quota as it is. Maybe the quota could be raised but it doesn't have to be raised... ;)

Evil-Dragon
06-12-2006, 09:39 PM
True, maybe the word "need" was the wrong word to use :)

Either way this project is down at the moment and has been for several hours. Hopefully it'll be back up again soon, if not i'll crunch something else for a while.

Nflight
06-12-2006, 11:47 PM
June 12, 2006
Einstein@Home will be shutdown for a few hours starting at 16:30 on Jun 12. There are repairs being made to the AC units and power for the room.