PDA

View Full Version : Hashclash Offline for a while

Murray
06-22-2006, 08:48 AM
This was taken off the Hashclash forum after the server stopped giving out new work: (Quoting Marc the project admin)

"Sorry guys but we are not continuing the birthday search.
I will update the collisions page with the latest collisions soon.
The good news is that we are going into stage 2: the eliminating of the remaining 8 bitdifferences.
And we are very far with the design to eliminate the first bitdifference.
It might be awhile before we present new work here at HashClash.
I am also very busy with finishing my studies.
But there are plenty of other BOINC projects for which you can crunch!
So no need to abandon HashClash and we'll keep you updated on our news section.
I will post more information soon."

Evil-Dragon
06-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Oh well, will look forward to when it comes back online.

I'm crunching MalariaControl/XtremeLab/Climate Prediction for this week. Anyone noticed how you really don't seem to get anywhere with Climate Prediction (i know it is, but it never seems to)

I may do PrimeGrid next week, but i dunno, i really need to try and do a fair few years on this Climate Model.

Nflight
06-22-2006, 10:58 AM
I think I reset this project 6 times asking for new work to be sent, nothing then this message, thanks there Murray! Now I can turn it off completely. :-( :cry:

Ototero
06-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Guys,

Can I retire HashClash from the stats?

Murray
06-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Guys,

Can I retire HashClash from the stats?

Wouldn't it be better to take a "wait and see" approach...the time scale we are talking about, in terms of HashClash being offline, has not really been established yet...I will post on thier forums and get back to everyone...

NeoGen
06-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Yea... it's too soon to tell yet.
They were planning to upgrade to better servers for quite a while, maybe it finally happened?

Murray
06-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Play it by beer :D :drinking:

Murray
09-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Have a look at HashClash's website...they should be back online in a few days :cool: