PDA

View Full Version : Challange!

drezha
07-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Right Ok

So we over at TPR are looking to add ourselves to a project we've not really tried before and see who far we can rise in the ranks :)

Now why not tie that in with a race against you? :twisted:

Basic aim would be to crunch as much as possible, team with the highest wins :)

Scoring based on factors. 1 factor = 1 point and 1 LLR test = 0.5 points (to make up for the fact that an LLR test takes shorter and garuntee's one result whereas sieving does not garuntee any factors)

You guys up for it or got any ideas?

vaughan
07-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Maybe when our BOINC Spring Championship is over.

AMDave
07-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Sweet.
That's a kickass idea.
Our BOINC champs are almost done.
I can think of a few members who would be interested in that one.

Easier to go for the projects point allocations, I think, unless someone wants to do the recalculations on a daily basis.

Have TPR done any benchmarking yet?

drezha
07-11-2006, 02:20 PM
No not yet.

Forgotton that the project did points :roll: Yeah those will be used and data will be got off the Riesel Sieve site.

When does your BOINC championship end? This wont be starting for a while...I'll be wanting 24/7 internet access so I can put the stats up daily...something I dont have ATM again :-(

So would be a sieve, LLR and combined sections...I guess I can add P1 if people want.

It would majorly help out the project and besides...someone might find a prime! :)

NeoGen
07-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Another competition! Cool! :D

The contest was scheduled to end after the 8th race, that is the current one, Primegrid, but some new boinc projects have arisen recently and I was wondering about extending it maybe for a couple of races more.

I still have to put up that idea on the boinc championship thread to see what is the people's reactions to a couple more extra weeks of racing.

AMDave
07-11-2006, 02:36 PM
P1 appears somewhat less straight forward in comparison to seive and LLR. I'd stick with the known quantities when preparing a group effort to give all the best opportunity for involvement.

Is there anyone else keen enough at TPR to roll your stats for you?
(I, for one, want to ensure NeoGen gets some well earned R&R)

NeoGen
07-11-2006, 03:55 PM
No R&R for me anytime soon Dave. Or... maybe just a little. :)
I have several half-baked ideas still pending in my mind that will give me work to do for the next few months at least. :)

daddygeek
07-11-2006, 06:32 PM
So Team Phoenix Rising Visitor is Challanging AMDUsers to a race?:P

If so count me in.

AMD-USR_JL
07-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Allllrighty then!! Count me in too. :cool:

drezha
07-12-2006, 08:11 AM
I'd happily do the stats for it. :)
Was looking at mirror image posts here, TPR and on the Riesel site.

But we're still deciding what project we actually want to run for our August race...

see this thread..
http://forums.teamphoenixrising.net/showthread.php?t=40003

Feel free to come and taunt us and try and influence our decisions ;)

drezha
07-12-2006, 09:39 AM
Looks like it's going to be a BOINC only project in which case if you still fancy a race, we'll see what project does get chosen... :-(

vaughan
07-12-2006, 11:48 AM
If we agreed on Tanpaku as the selected project for the gauntlet then we could start as early as next week. This is because we want to finish the BOINC Spring Championship with Tanpaku.

NeoGen
07-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Anything but Climate Prediction projects please. :)

Why are Primegrid, QMC and Tanpaku not on the list?

AMDave
07-12-2006, 12:29 PM
LOL
and Hmmm. :-k cuz it's their poll, I guess.

Actually I think the idea of a rosetta run with them would be good as it would lend towards the rosetta goals for the current CASP deadlines. That's thinking in terms of the good of the projects (and it makes me feel all warm, and fuzzy :) ). I have cases for other projects because I'm flagging behind in a few these days, but that's just me :lol: :roll:

NTL -
we are missing an ingredient in the terms of engagement
That is: over how long ??
* 1 week
* 2 weeks
* 1 month (my pref)
* other?

One thing for sure - it has to good enough to bring DoubleTop back from the brink to the planning table. A Pheonix should never burn out! I couldn't stand to see that. Let's get some benzine under this thing! :shock:

drezha
07-12-2006, 01:08 PM
No idea why they aren't on the list TBH :lol:

Guess they weren't put on.

Basically I'll do anything except SETI or CPDN I think ;)

Maybe a month?

Currently in a SETI race with SETI USA and another team and there's an internal SIMAP race happening this month so it probably wouldn't start until the start of August.

AMDave
07-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Wahoo! Sounds like a double-dare opportunity :!:
just kidding. Getting thrown in the lockup overnight is not as much fun as it sounds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

August, well a couple of weeks away is still good.
We can wrap up our '06 contest and you the SIMAP race.
Uh oh. This could turn out to be a BLINDER! :shocked!: :help:

drezha
07-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Wahoo! Sounds like a double-dare opportunity :!:
just kidding. Getting thrown in the lockup overnight is not as much fun as it sounds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll: :lol:

Whatever project is chosen, I'm sure they'll be a good race! :twisted:

Brucifer
07-20-2006, 03:33 PM
@drezha and all regarding the challenge.... please go to the PSP forum under challenge.