PDA

View Full Version : there had to be a wise guy...

NeoGen
07-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Have you checked the top tables of vtu lately?

:evil:

AMDave
07-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Oh for the love of >icecream< !!! (be nice)
So the twit gets 15 minutes of fame and screws up an entire database causing dozens of manhours of work to remove the efects of complete idiocy from the scientific data.
It's a no brainer that if we spray painted his house orange he'd jump up and down and call for the authorities. What a prat! :violent1:

NeoGen
07-13-2006, 11:19 PM
The problem has been found also on Rosetta, which is one of those projects where you get what you claim.
From what I've read, the top 9 hosts of the project are claiming, and getting, huge values for really short workunits.

Why do some people, with knowledge and skills, tend to use their capacities to destroy instead of create is beyond my comprehension. :?

Evil-Dragon
07-14-2006, 12:51 PM
1) Message boards : : Number crunching : Czech National Team - *meda*
Posted 23 hours ago by *meda* I am sorry, there was no intention to cheat. All this was caused by using BOINC Studio with Calibration switched on.
Best regards to Mark Gallaher..... *meda* from CNT

NeoGen
07-14-2006, 10:46 PM
That's a critical bug to have on a custom boinc/boinc manager application. :? Can't imagine how did it pass unnoticed... Or even how can calibration affect benchmark results...

I knew there was some reason why I never trusted calibrating clients... Now I know it! :roll:

drezha
07-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Calibrating clients...ie truxoft's are fine cos they work and work well...

that one seems very kaputt...

AMDave
07-15-2006, 01:54 PM
I am relieved. Apologies to meda for my jumping to conclusion. Errors happen. At least they can identify and fix the bug.