PDA

View Full Version : Tanpaku race

NeoGen
07-16-2006, 10:21 PM
And away we go! Let the flushings begin. :)

Race stats available here:
Pharmers League (http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest2006/race9p.htm)
Regulars League (http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest2006/race9r.htm)

Nflight
07-17-2006, 12:28 PM
And there Off :!:

Evil-Dragon
07-17-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm out of the race... temperatures in the UK have hit the high 33 degrees and PC's alarms are going off.

:cry:

NeoGen
07-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Here it's even a few degrees more, around 35. My cpu doesn't go below 46 celsius at 0% use. If I get it at 100% usage the temp goes up to 56 or more, temperature at which it tends to lockup with blue screens. :?

Strongbow
07-17-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm out of the race... temperatures in the UK have hit the high 33 degrees and PC's alarms are going off.

:cry:

Me too! 3 of my systems had shut themselves down as I'd forgot to switch the A/C on in my outside office. It must have been 50deg in it when I found them!

They're now crunching again, bit sweaty, but they're crunching! :oops:

Ototero
07-17-2006, 06:12 PM
I've 3 machines running flat out in my office (make that the forth bedroom).

The 64 3000+ is running at 57C, dunno about the laptop, the 2400+ is running at 62C.

And I have to sit in here 8 hours a day :shock:

gamer007
07-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Around 25 degrees here in Vancouver. My room is somewhat hot at times. Though the CPU always hovers @ 75 degrees. :-( Bit hot IMO. Mobo is 45 degrees. Ambient temp. in the computer is 30-35 degrees.

Note: All temperatures are in Celsius. :P

Nflight
07-17-2006, 10:11 PM
I am not good with celcius temps, just faranheit.

Hit 96 Degrees here for a high today, at 9am it was 90 already, last night the temps hit a low of 86. Tomorrow is to be the same.

Last winter when it was cool I moved my systems to the basement, 3500+ is steady at 49°C and the 4200+ is 52°C. If it were upstairs the temps would be over 60 for each as the room I was in did not have A/C.

So now I live and work in the Chilly cool air, but it sure is dark when the lights go out. :forthosewhothinkyoung:

gamer007
07-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Americans and their fahrenheit. :P When will you ever switche to celsius? Just kidding. hehe

But that is hot (temp. converted to celsius via Google). Even at night! :shock:

NeoGen
07-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Glad to know that the heat wave isn't just hovering me :)

First stats are up. Vaughan and gamer on the top places so far. :)
Pharmers League (http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest2006/race9p.htm)
Regulars League (http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest2006/race9r.htm)

vaughan
07-18-2006, 12:17 AM
Taking advantage of the Winter here - all systems on-line; even fired up the P166mmx Win95 running MoneyBee!

Quick conversion tool for Celcius to Fahrenheit:

Double the °C and add 30

eg. 20°C = 68°F
2x 20 = 40 add 30 gives 70 which is close enough to 68.

Or the other way:
°F to °C

°F minus 30 then divide result by 2

eg. 104°F minus 30 is 74, now divide by 2 gives 37°C. The correct answer is 40°C but 37 is close enough (still damned hot)

Ahh too much arithmetic ... time to relax in the 22°C comfort and listen to the white noise of the pharm :lol:

gamer007
07-18-2006, 08:33 AM
18/07/2006 1:31:50 AM|Project TANPAKU|Unrecoverable error for result pep3_95_53_32_1_0 (The environment is incorrect. (0xa) - exit code 10 (0xa))

Always getting that whenever I restart my computer. :? Perhaps TANPAKU WUs don't like being resumed after restarts?

AMDave
07-18-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm a pharmer
oh yes
a pharmer
its a pharmer's life for meeeeeee. :hello1:

:idea1: do I feel another GREEN episode coming on ?? :toothy7:
perhaps not :argue:
:lol:

vaughan
07-18-2006, 09:14 AM
It has no checkpointing yet so cannot resume a partially crunched task. Best to let it finish what its on then shut down. On restart it will error the partially done task. No big deal as they are small workunits.

Nflight
07-18-2006, 10:42 AM
It has no checkpointing yet so cannot resume a partially crunched task. Best to let it finish what its on then shut down. On restart it will error the partially done task. No big deal as they are small workunits.

I had a similar episode except I lost a tremendous amount of wasted time on other Wu's when I let the time go the distance. Upon doing so I noticed that when the time came to update. The entire amount of Wu's not just the one or two effected from computational errors were not accepted and I lost precious time and points. So my suggestion is to update as soon as the Computational errors appear that way you lose only what you have accomplished upto that time.

Just a suggestion, trying to help everyone in the Race.

Good Luck in the Race

EDIT I can't spell chit in the morning

Strongbow
07-19-2006, 07:35 AM
I'm having problems with this race due to the heat wave. Only one system failed yesterday compared to 3 the day before. :roll:

This time it was my 2-way Opty saying...

"Computer: MONSTERCRUNCH
18/07/2006; 16:11:28
Device class: Temperature
Type: Deterioration; Status: Warning
The temperature of CPU A is high."

...it reported this several times over 20mins then it shut itself down!

Apparently it's going to be even hotter today! :shock:

Evil-Dragon
07-19-2006, 10:55 AM
They say it's gonna be 35 degrees C in Birmingham and up to 38 degrees C in London :shock:

My room is at 31 degree's at 12pm today, it'll hit the highs at about 3pm though.

AMDave
07-19-2006, 11:23 AM
I have a brilliant idea :idea1:
Why don't you all send your PCs to me until summer is over :laughing4:

Don't over do it lads. A dead box is no good to you. :-(

/ed-
if you wan't cut back on the CPU intensive stuff during the heat of the day but still want to contribute, MJ12, RedLibraryDLV and Dimes await you
-ed/

NeoGen
07-19-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm on Red Library and Dimes, but Dimes isn't on its best behaviour lately.
For a couple of times already that it just stops crawling and won't start again until I restart it manually, and one time it even shut itself down without saying anything...

Nflight
07-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Other tidbits of news in the Race, I have just been promoted to 3rd place with my system. Seems the Tanpaku Admins are watching for those phoney's who seem to appear from nowhere with amazing scores and don't move daily. For those of us Real People who work at this feat, Third Place:

http://issofty17.is.noda.tus.ac.jp/top_hosts.php?sort_by=expavg_credit

Empty_5oul
07-19-2006, 04:43 PM
well done.

i notice there is only one intel in the top 20 there!!!!

Strongbow
07-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Well Done Nflight! ...it's slow work in Tanpaku to get that far up the list so you've obviously put in a great deal of effort to get there!

\:D/ =D< \:D/

Strongbow
07-19-2006, 04:47 PM
well done.

...by an aptley named user called "Lone Wolf"

NeoGen
07-19-2006, 04:49 PM
well done.

...by an aptley named user called "Lone Wolf"
Suits perfectly :lol: :lol:

Nflight
07-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Well Done Nflight! ...it's slow work in Tanpaku to get that far up the list so you've obviously put in a great deal of effort to get there!

\:D/ =D< \:D/

Thank you for the kind words ! I will try and remain there for the time being. Although I am supposed to return to Predictor sometime in the near future.

gamer007
07-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Well done nflight. Wish I can get up to the tops sometime. :-(

And to break the "lone wolf" Intel, look at Total Credit you'll see 11 Intels. :P
Gasp, what have I become. Supporting intel? Never! hehe

Nflight
07-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Other tidbits of news in the Race, I have just been promoted to 3rd place with my system. Seems the Tanpaku Admins are watching for those phoney's who seem to appear from nowhere with amazing scores and don't move daily. For those of us Real People who work at this feat, Second Place:

I can't believe I am beating Bok's Opty 165

***Oh Yea AMDusers Team Effort is in 6 th Place, way to go Team \:D/ :wav:

NeoGen
07-20-2006, 01:26 PM
With all the latest events, new projects, heat wave, this race won't be so productive as the other ones.
Oh well... we're still pushing on it no matter what! :)

Strongbow
07-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Nano-Hive dropped a load of WUs on one of my systems and it decided to crunch them instead of TANPAKU! My mistake! should have set the limit correctly!

It'll be interesting how it affected my stats tomorrow! :cry:

gamer007
07-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Ah.. your fine. Your in 2nd place.

I'm maintaining 3rd place despite I was running Nano, Riesel Sieve and TANPAKU. :)

vaughan
07-21-2006, 01:38 AM
So who let mitchell know about Tanpaku, huh?

Just when I switched rigs off PrimeGrid and Tanpaku to Nano-hive and RieselSieve too :lol:

Just as well the A64 3500 has almost finished Sieving a Prime Sierpinski Sieve range so I can switch that box to BOINC again.

NeoGen
07-21-2006, 02:03 AM
Yea, he surprised me too. Where did all those credits come from? :)

We also lost a member today, compctech, to team Boinc Synergy. :-(

Nflight
07-21-2006, 02:53 AM
I told Dave Mitchell about Tanpaku. I feel his effort will be very advantageous at putting AMD Users on #1 place very soon at this rate. If you want blame, I am the culprit, it was for the good of the team.

Sure I like being first place, but being second just means I don't have to ride the point and defend my position as much. People understand I have put in my abilities and succeeded by getting near the top. You big dogs can growl and snarl all you like with your Server Racks. I have just 2 machines, and turn in some impressive figures for just 2 machines.

As for Tanpaku since it really only just got started I figure if we have someone like Dave MItchell now instead of waiting till later, we will be near the top and never have to play catch up like Predictor.

Enough Ranting

gamer007
07-21-2006, 04:16 AM
For me, I don't care if I get top spot. I only have my 1 computer doing all the work. Even if I get top spot (like I did recently), I'll lost it the next day just like what happened. :)

However, I'm temporary using my brother's computer to work on TANPAKU as well. :P Won't give me much of a boost (seeing as how TANPAKU stupidly takes the 1st returned result for credits in the whole WU. :evil: I didn't get any credits in one WU becuase the 1st finished it in 0.00secs, therefore no credits.

vaughan
07-21-2006, 04:30 AM
I told Dave Mitchell about Tanpaku. I feel his effort will be very advantageous at putting AMD Users on #1 place very soon at this rate. If you want blame, I am the culprit, it was for the good of the team.

No problem Nflight. I was joking, being sarcastic.

It is great that the team gets a boost in this project, afterall that's the reason behind us having the Spring BOINC Championship. We wanted to boost our scores in several projects and I believe the Championship has succeeded in this.

AMDave
07-21-2006, 09:59 AM
Great call Nflight.

Welcome to the TANPAKU Team Mitchell.

LOL - rhetoric is hard to portray in text.

Our scores have certainly gone up. It'll be interesting to see how we hang on to them ;) I recon' we'll just have to keep this project cycle going round and round and round :? The never ending contest :D (NeoGen faints !!! :lol: )

Nflight
07-21-2006, 12:28 PM
NO offense taken there Vaughan & AMDave, I understood you were just joshing and I am not upset.

Team Spirit is all about promoting the quality of our Team Members and allowing myself and others to promote moral in each of our super ability members. Everyone of the people who is on this Team has some super ability, it is the energy we carry inside us when we join this team effort that we want to help at all costs. Sure the Team Name is awesome, but the benefit overall is the members who make this team shine amongst the rest of the Boinc Crunchers. The Team members who unselfishly put there might and will into everything they do are the real leaders on this team. With out every persons participation just the way they perform day after day, AMDusers would not be able to survive.

Hooray for Everyone & Everyone keep up the fantastic work, your doing a great job. Thank you One & All :hello1:

Anonymous
07-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Heh Heh Heh, Sarcasm is my second language.

You Aussie's are a tuff crowd (Vaughn). :lol:

Speaking of which, I was on a conference call with several of your cohorts from Melborne lastnight my time at 1:30 in the morning.

Hey at least I didnt sign up for the championship. :roll: Should I slow down a bit?

all in good fun :twisted:

mitchellds
07-21-2006, 06:45 PM
the last post was me btw, I forgot to sign in. :)

gamer007
07-21-2006, 11:42 PM
Todays the last day. I wonder what the final standings will be. :P

All I know is I never gotten back my 1st place in WhatPulse. hehe.

Nflight
07-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Other tidbits of news in the Race, I have just been promoted to 3rd place with my system. Seems the Tanpaku Admins are watching for those phoney's who seem to appear from nowhere with amazing scores and don't move daily. For those of us Real People who work at this feat, Third Place:

I am now in 1st place as July 26, 2006

mitchellds
07-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Congrats Nflight :!: :!: :!:
Steady crunching pays off.

vaughan
07-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Well done Nflight :!:

Sort of got my hands full with PrimeGrid, RieselSieve and RedLibrary :lol:

Now all I need is an ISP with guaranteed unlimited downloads ... off to do some research at Broadbandchoice.

Nice crunching you're doing there, bye the way Dave :shock:

Strongbow
07-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Well Nflight - keep it going!!! :wav:

btw, NeoGen is user of the day today! \:D/

Empty_5oul
07-26-2006, 04:13 PM
well done. a number 1 ranked member and user of the day. :D
could it get any better?

NeoGen
07-26-2006, 06:02 PM
btw, NeoGen is user of the day today! \:D/
Again?? :lol:

Way to go NFlight! :) #1 in RAC means you're outproducing everyone else on the project. So, if you keep it up you can get to #1 by Total Credits too.

Nflight
07-26-2006, 06:07 PM
That might be true NeoGen if everyone had just 2 machines like I do. But since somepeople like Bok is running I think 16 machines, I seriously doubt my chances of obtaining a number #1 position anytime soon.

I am still here and hoping for a greater lead on everyone. Yes I know I will be passed by Mitchell and yes I invited him to join the Team Effort. It is not who leads in Team Stats it is the effort we all hope our hard work will accomplish. A Cure!