PDA

View Full Version : Excessive Temp

Strongbow
07-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Thought I'd stop hijacking the Tanpaku thread and start one on the excessive temps and failing systems...

No failures today (YET) but it's still getting hotter by the minute outside and my A/C feels like it is just blowing warm air at me...

My Opty is reporting ~65C on both processors which can't be good and I've just got the strangest alert sent to me (click to enlarge)...

http://f10.putfile.com/thumb/7/19908035935.jpg (http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/7/19908035935.jpg&s=f10)

Too Low!!! :shock: :roll: ...I think my system is about to go 'Pop' again!!!

EDIT: I've just put the cover back on the chassis and got alerted again saying that the error has now been resolved. Then I got a worse one stating that the CPUs are deteriorating due to excessive heat! (they're now at 67C)!

NeoGen
07-19-2006, 12:33 PM
I never thought there could be a too low temperature for a cpu... :lol:

Hermann
07-19-2006, 03:33 PM
My computers were sufferung too - not only the heat - it came even worse :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Somehow a power-surge must have gotten into the internet cable-connection and destroyed the Router / Switches and some
Ethernet cards. For right now that leaves me with only 1 functional box.
In a day or two I will be back in operation and ready for new projects and races. :D

Ototero
07-19-2006, 04:13 PM
I think today is the hottest day in UK history. Waaay over 35C.

1 CPU is sitting 73C and the other is 58C

dAVE
07-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Temps down in the southwest are a bit lower, we only got to 35°C today. I don’t run during the day if I can help it because the office faces due south. A fabulous view but too hot in the few days in the year that we have a heat wave! I’ve found that going down to one core in BOINC on the 4200 reduces temps from the 52°C to 55°C range down to a less dangerous 42°C to 45°C. Doesn’t crunch so well though, think I will just have to head down to the beach and forget about it all for a bit. dAVE
:glasses7:

Frederic Brillouet
07-21-2006, 07:36 PM
if you flip your pc on its side, maybe you can bake some sausages on your heatsink :lol: Mine's running a nice 30-35C now. It would be weird if it was doing 50 now because i'm not running boinc at the moment :D

gamer007
07-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Your not the only one. It's freaking hot here in Vancouver! Probably 35 degrees!

My CPU's maintaining @ 75 degrees (as always), my mobo is @ 50 (usually 45). The GPU (X700 Pro) is 52!

I think I'll be turning off my computer soon. But since it's the last day of the contest, I'll leave it on a little longer (unless it already ended).

Argh.. too hot.

EDIT: Wow, even the aluminum chassis is burning hot. It's like I can fry an egg on it! Ok, I'm exagerrating, but it is way hotter than normal.