PDA

View Full Version : WoooSH in TANPAKU

mitchellds
07-31-2006, 03:04 PM
I quietly stole #1 slot this weekend :cool:

Strongbow
07-31-2006, 03:17 PM
Who said anything about "quietly" ...you're storming along leaving us all in your dust!

Well done! \:D/

Ototero
07-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Well done, you get your 2nd gold sash.

What's your next target?

mitchellds
07-31-2006, 06:14 PM
actually 3rd.

einstein, predictor and this one. I dont really have any big plans, just to keep on keeping on.

vaughan
08-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Well done Dave. The projects you lead in are all very popular too so the gold sash is harder to earn.

Keep up the good work. :)

mitchellds
08-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Thanks Vaughan

Nflight
08-03-2006, 09:02 PM
I truly appreciate your keeping on too.

Have you looked below us at BOINC@AUSTRALIA, I believe they have lit fire under there machines. We are about to get walloped, runover and tossed to the side like Roo Dung. Keep Crunching my friend we truely could not be here with out your powerful machines. :!:

mitchellds
08-03-2006, 09:38 PM
hhmmm, yes I see what your talking about with this other team trying to woosh by us.

Right now their about 50k Wu's behind us and are putting out about 1200 wus a day more than us with only 7 more team members than us. Also they have one gents thats turning out 1800 wu's. :cry:

We need to get a couple more AMD Users to join us on this one. Help.

I think I'll order a new x2 4400 core tonight to replace one of my single core 3600's I have and add that one to the fray. The 3600 only is able to do about 330 wu's a day, while another 4400 x2 I have does 700 or so. I think I'll repoint some predictor crunching machines over as well.

Lets turn up the heat a little folks. I wish I could take some of the heat thats outside and turn that into crunching wu's. Here its 108 with the heat index right now. Brrrrrr.

:roll:

Anonymous
08-07-2006, 10:55 AM
While I am an AMD user (with 3 AMD powered computers) I am an Aussie first, which is why I am crunching for BOINC@Australia. I just popped in here to see if you had noticed our Aussie Assault on Project Tanpaku and it looks like you have :D

We are indeed putting a lot of our CPU power into this project at the moment, but it's only of a short term nature, to see how far we can get. If we do pass your team, I expect that when Aussie Assault 2 finishes, you will be able to overtake us again in no time.

Meanwhile the project is getting a lot of valuable CPU time, which is of course the reason they turned to BOINC inthe first place.

Isn't competition fun?

Webmaster Yoda
for BOINC@Australia

AMDave
08-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Ooroo! Yoda. Good to see ya.
Thanks for popping in to say hi.

Strongbow
08-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Yet another team catching us with our trousers down by our ankles whilst we race elsewhere! :lol:

@Yoda, you lot are certainly throwing a lot of much needed ooomph at Tanpaku. Well Done you guys! =D<

Nflight
08-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the remarks there Webmaster Yoda, yes you have caught my attention and you are doing a nice job of climbing the ladder very quickly. As your remarks state you will be toning down the pressure of us AMDusers team losing a position in the stats for now, but we will still be going strong when you leave. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are always welcome!
;)

Evil-Dragon
08-07-2006, 12:39 PM
I've put back some CPU power to this project for a while to add to the competition. Obviously it's not going to create 5000 points worth of recent average credit but it will help in the long run.

Nflight
08-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks Evil Dragon :!: Every little bit helps

vaughan
08-07-2006, 01:26 PM
I've added my Opty 165 to it. :)

Nflight
08-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Thank You Vaughan, and Evil Dragon sorry about the MJ-12 but I can't run that program since my ISP hates when I push too much bandwidth, they get nasty and drop me all together.

Responding to two messages at once as I try to save my fingers, is that ok?

Evil-Dragon
08-07-2006, 02:50 PM
It's ok, i understand. MJ12 is a bandwidth hog and has to be unfortunatly.

mitchellds
08-08-2006, 03:34 AM
looks like we just got passed by the aussie team. bummer. :-(

NeoGen
08-08-2006, 03:43 AM
I've checked on their site and it seems their "Aussie Assault" on Tanpaku is due on the 8th.

We might recover our spot again soon then if they don't stick around :)

Anonymous
08-08-2006, 03:53 AM
G'day again.

Yep, we (BOINC@AUSTRALIA) passed you this morning and Aussie Assault 2will finish soon. Basically we keep it going until Tanpaku shuts down for a couple of days (which they say will be the 9th/10th). It's been fun!

Of course, we won't be abandoning Tanpaku alltogether... We don't want to make it TOO easy for ya :lol:

Aussie Assault 3 is coming to a project near you (we just don't know which one yet :)

Webmaster Yoda
for BOINC@AUSTRALIA

NeoGen
08-08-2006, 05:34 AM
Welcome to the forums mate! :)

You guys made quite an assault on Tanpaku. I didn't remember noticing you on the stats before and then all of a sudden, wooosh!... you're coming right behind us. (and ahead already) :)

If we didn't have our hands full with the pheasants for the whole month, we could do a joint assault on a project, that would be fun. :)

Anonymous
08-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the welcoming words.

We started our charge from position 26 about a month ago, where you wouldn't have noticed us :D

The joint assault idea sounds interesting. I'll put it to our members - would have to be a BOINC project where we aren't too far apart. and both teams can have a big impact in a relatively short time.

I'm thinking along the lines of Spinhenge or Nano-Hive (when they open up for new members), but that's just my personal opinion.

Webmaster Yoda
for BOINC@AUSTRALIA

AMDave
08-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Awww. Yoda you say the nicest things.
That sounds like a date ;) :lol:

Nflight
08-08-2006, 12:47 PM
looks like we just got passed by the aussie team. bummer. :-(

That does not mean it is time to give up, it just means as we continue they will venture off in other venues and we will rise again. Still thanks for the support you have put on this project so far there Dave Mitchell, I really do appreciate it. :!: