PDA

View Full Version : Mouse advice needed

vaughan
08-06-2006, 08:52 AM
I'm looking for a new mouse, want lazer, cordless. Had a look at the Razer (www.razerzone.com) range but they are all corded. Have had a Logitech Cordless "click" but it suffered a terminal burnout and is now kaput.

Considering the Logitech G7 (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/AU/EN,CRID=2135,CONTENTID=10716) now. Anyone tried one of these rodents?

Evil-Dragon
08-06-2006, 09:33 AM
I was looking into getting a new mouse a while back, i too considered a Logitech G7 and then i red their support forums... oh dear. It's the same for all their current mouse range as well, or so it seems.

I never did buy a new mouse, can't now anyway cause i anit got a job. LOL.

Jeff
08-06-2006, 01:01 PM
A buddy of mine has the G5 or G7 and has been pretty happy with it. He's plays a lot of games and really likes the response he gets.

NeoGen
08-06-2006, 01:51 PM
I got a cordless mouse.... eats alot of batteries, I got to change them every few weeks. It was getting expensive on batteries so I bought a battery charger and a pack of rechargeable batteries.

Ototero
08-06-2006, 02:18 PM
I can't help 'cos I much prefer the corded creatures (and keyboard)

AMD-USR_JL
08-06-2006, 04:11 PM
I've got a wireless logitech mouse. It's not a G5 or G7, not sure what it is other than just being "logitech." It was the third wireless mouse i got and so far working real well. The signal get's a little low if i put the reciever next to my router. Guess both the 2.4Ghz interfere with each other, but if i keep the reciever at least a foot from the mouse it works real well. :D

Those things do go through some batteries. It seem like ever 1-2 months i have to replace them. Does the G7 come with a rechargeable battery? I remember i saw some higher models in BestBuy when i bought my mouse that were rechargeable.

Big Whiskey
08-06-2006, 05:15 PM
I got the G7 and I like it at whole lot :D

For what I do, some gaming and internet, it works for me.
Comes with two rechargable batteries that charges from USB port, if your gaming where you clicking or holding buttons down alot the batteries last about 2 hours thats when you set the charger on boost mode. Otherwise a charge last me a day. Switching batteries takes about 10 seconds.

It's got three speed settings right on the mouse if change screen size or need more control for image editing.

The USB reciever(it looks like a flash key stick) is great if you need to move your mouse on another computer no cords to deal with. As to range I never checked, anything beyond my desk I use an ATI Remote.

My only concern is if I burn out a battery,will I be able too and how much to replace it. Hopefully by the time that happens I be ready for next mouse.

Any other info you need just ask

NVM
08-06-2006, 06:35 PM
MX1000 is my choice.

Strongbow
08-06-2006, 07:40 PM
I've had my eye on this one for my laptop - http://www.slashgear.com/mogo-mouse-hands-on-21780.php

But for regular use I've heard that the G7 is the dogs!

Empty_5oul
08-06-2006, 08:26 PM
big whiskey - you mean a full charge lasts you 2 hours if playing an action game like counterstrike / unreal tournament?

spikey_richie
08-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Does it have to be laser? I have a regular optical M$ cordless which is good. and batteries last 6months +

Big Whiskey
08-07-2006, 01:29 AM
yup it's a laser
it's got teflon pads on the bottom and slides real easy
you can tune the speed pretty good
the 2 hr charge not big deal when you change the battery and have the spent one charging in 3 secs (faster you have coordination unlike me)

Brucifer
08-07-2006, 02:43 AM
gee, I just use those "so yesterday" Microsoft PS/2 Intellimouse jobberdoobers with the 2 buttons and the wheel. I buy the bulk ones from a local shop. Inexpensive and they last a long time, though I'm not a gamer.