PDA

View Full Version : F@H : Loads of WUs but no points?

Strongbow
08-08-2006, 01:15 PM
I've been checking my stats throughout the day today and it looks like my wheels are spinning but I'm not going forward. I've somehow gained loads of WUs but no points, checked all my systems and they're chugging along as per usual so I'm wondering what's up?

Any ideas?

Nflight
08-08-2006, 01:40 PM
I checked Boinc Synergy Stats page and then Folding At Home Server Status page which does not exist. Seems something is afowl, looks like the project may be offline. Seems even the forum is offline too. uh oh !

Error Will Robinson Error :!:

AMD-USR_JL
08-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Look at the top of their forum. "Heat Issues" are always to blame.
http://forum.folding-community.org/portal.php?topic_id=15743

Strongbow
08-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Strange that it only seems to have affected my stats :roll:

I've gained over 300WUs so far today! :lol: ...pity the points aren't coming in that fast! :roll:

Brucifer
08-08-2006, 03:36 PM
how in the heck can you gain 300 workunits? I don't use the queue switches, and I only have one work unit per system.. even my windows boxes, except for the dual core stuff that only have one per cpu.

Check your logs and see what they say, cause something sure isn't right. I've been getting a lot of the 2 to 4 day workunits, so there isn't really a very high volume of wu turnover. I do know that I turned one in last night, and the points for it counted, according to the fah stats site. So from where I'm sitting things seem to be normal.

edit: but then after checking the url above I guess they have heat issues :) but you couldn't tell it from my stuff. ???? All I am running for command switches is -verbosity 7 -local and none of hthe fancy stuff. I just run the regular work units that have time limits and no advanced method stuff.

Strongbow
08-08-2006, 03:55 PM
I haven't got any of those fancy flags either! In fact all mine are running just with the standard config.

Checked all my logs and they have been chugging along doing their things, none of them have reported completed jobs during the mad WU increase - not even my Mac which started it's 1st project 8days ago and isn't even halfway yet :lol:

It does seem to have stopped increasing now!

I'll keep my eye on these lot as they can be a bit cheeky now and again just in case it was one of them! :D

Strongbow
08-10-2006, 03:18 PM
It's started again? :?

If it's not one of the F@H servers at fault then one of my systems is having a laugh!

Brucifer
08-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Realistically it's probably going to keep going on for the rest of the month as it's a heat issue. So sh*t works in the evenings and doesn't during the day. At least the output and input are split so that we can still get work units during the day.

How-some-ever, in looking at my stuff, I'm still getting wu's uploaded and the credit is showing up.

Strongbow
08-10-2006, 05:53 PM
I've been chatting with Bruce, sysadmin at F@H, and he says it's coming from my side! However, he found that it is actually coming from a different IP address to the rest of my farm!?! ...so it looks like someone may have wrongly borged a system on my behalf! ...pity it's not working! :roll:

i'll just have to live with it! ...I'll probably be the World #1 for F@H 'point-less' WUs completed within the next couple of weeks! :lol:

Brucifer
08-10-2006, 08:23 PM
That sounds reasonable. Sorta couldn't figure out really why you were naving issues there and others were getting the wu's uploaded and gathering points. Would be nice though if you knew where the errant system was so it wouldn't keep messing up the f@h server.

Strongbow
08-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Ooops! :oops:

Found out what it was! ...it was one of my work's laptops which was trying to run it as a service. I thought I had killed the app but obviously not! ...the different IP was due to it being connected via VPN to my office! :oops: :oops:

Ototero
08-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Has anyone seen this error before?

[09:02:53] + Attempting to send results
[09:03:33] - Server does not have record of this unit. Will try again later.
[09:03:33] Could not transmit unit 03 to Collection server; keeping in queue.

Nightlord
08-12-2006, 01:01 PM
This was noticed by some of our guys sporadically a few weeks back.

See this thread (http://forums.teamphoenixrising.net/showthread.php?t=39691) over on the TPR forums. Basically, it seems that one sever went in a huff and refused to talk to the collection server. It seemed to clear itself up after a few days when the servers started talking to eachother again.

@Blackheath, interesting that you were told that it was your machine. We have 3 users with the same problem. Hids has suspended Folding for now and DT is running on reduced output due to it. The third user was me.....when I switched the farm over, I had one box that trashed every unit it was sent until I forced the client to stop, deleted the folder contents and started with a clean slate. Since then all ok.

Ototero
08-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Thanks NightLord, it seems it should correct itself.

Problem is....I'm going on holiday on Monday, if it hasn't sent by then I'll probably lose the work 'cos it'll expire :(

Oh well.

drezha
08-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Thanks NightLord, it seems it should correct itself.

Problem is....I'm going on holiday on Monday, if it hasn't sent by then I'll probably lose the work 'cos it'll expire :(

Oh well.

This tell's you when the deadlines are for each particul;ar WU.

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html

HTH :)

Ototero
08-12-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm running 1814, I started it on August 9, it has 44 days to run. So I should be OK, thanks drezha.