PDA

View Full Version : MORE PRESSURE IN THE REAR!!!!!

Murray
08-31-2006, 11:37 AM
Ouch, The Ausy team BOINC@Australia has grown very quickly out of nowhere both its number of members and total output, which is dwarfing us....

Check out what they are doing:
http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=rsi&team=Boinc%40Australia
http://stats.free-dc.org/new/projpage.php?proj=rsi

If this carries on we may be dethroned from top spot in BOINC Riesel :-(

I have just ordered a new CPU (AMD 64bit 4000+) and am going to hook up a few old machines to this project to give us what more ummf I can give...

Lets not lose top spot guys, if you aren't doing so already give us a hand :twisted:

Anonymous
08-31-2006, 12:58 PM
WOW. Are we doing that much?

Seriously, I don't think we can take #1 spot away from you as a team, nor do I think anyone in our team can come close to matching your #1 cruncher. But we'll have a race anyway.

As I said about 3 weeks ago when we briefly overtook you on Tanpaku: "Aussie Assault 3 is coming to a project near you (we just don't know which one yet)" I was wondering how long it would take you to notice. Guess we all know now ;)

Webmaster Yoda
for BOINC@Australia

Murray
08-31-2006, 01:02 PM
I sense a challenge coming on... :cool: :twisted:

Anonymous
08-31-2006, 01:14 PM
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/271/boincozql3.jpg
;)

Murray
08-31-2006, 01:21 PM
;)

Do a quick number of members to work done ratio... :cool:

vaughan
08-31-2006, 01:50 PM
Well now that the Ubero challenge for my World #8th rank has been dealt with I can put 7 more computers to work on BOINC Riesel Sieve again :)

Looking forward to the challenge from my fellow Countrymen :!:

This should be fun because Riesel Sieve runs REALLY well on AMDs. Leave the P4s to LLR'ing, PRP'ing and SOB'ing. :P

Anonymous
08-31-2006, 03:09 PM
;)

Do a quick number of members to work done ratio... :cool:

Hello AMD Peoples!
I think our John may be "Anonymous". Also, it's as Webmaster Yoda says, we'll be on this project for a while then cool off for a bit then choose another one for an other "Aussie Assault" :twisted: I didn't think we'd pounce on you guys so soon :shock: Let's hope the next "Aussie Assault" is not so close. Although it is fun :D

SC>Mike Mitchell
BOINC@Australia Team Recruitment Officer.

AMDave
09-02-2006, 05:53 AM
Shazbut!
Still no linux client.

Empty_5oul
09-02-2006, 11:39 AM
The "aussie assult" is still gaining in power!!!! Already at double our daily score and were only half way through the day!

But well done Vaughan your still ahead in the individual daily score. :D

vaughan
09-02-2006, 02:56 PM
They're pushing me so I might have to bring forward that purchase of a Core 2 Duo system I've been considering. :)

I wish Shuttle would hurry-up and get some small form factor boxes released on the market that handle the Core 2 Duo CPUs. :whipitgood:

Which is better the ASUS P5B deluxe WiFi at AUD347 based on P965 chipset or the ASUS P5W DH Deluxe i975x chipset at AUD 388 at HBOutlet (http://hboutlet.com.au)?

If I take this path I'll have to buy a case, power supply, DDR2 RAM, SATA2 HDD, GPU, Windows XP Pro to work with the Core 2 Duo and motherboard. I already have a spare FDD and DVD burner.

LeBo
09-02-2006, 05:18 PM
We need more crunchers for AMD Users to fight off this attack of Aussies from the land of down under.;)

Beerknurd
09-02-2006, 05:27 PM
I'm running it now. They are easily out producing use by more than double. We are going to need more help. Come on guys let's join together!!!!

Beerknurd
09-02-2006, 05:34 PM
This should be fun because Riesel Sieve runs REALLY well on AMDs. Leave the P4s to LLR'ing, PRP'ing and SOB'ing. :P

I think we need all the P4's too :shock:

Empty_5oul
09-02-2006, 07:10 PM
is there still a daily limit on the number of WU on riesel Sieve? do you hit the maximum or is it not a problem?

LeBo
09-02-2006, 08:14 PM
I believe it is 150 per day per CPU or per core, which is plenty for a fast computer.

gamer007
09-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Hard me for me. Since I have a P4 (3.0GHz) and it usually takes 50 minutes to 1 hour to complete 1 WU. Ironically, my brother's computer (My old AMD Athlon XP 1700+ 1.4GHz) takes 40mins. :lol: Real efficient. I wonder what the equivalent to my P4 would be like. :twisted:

Beerknurd
09-03-2006, 04:30 AM
Vaughan,

You may need to put another 20 or so PC's on this project. They still seem to be whooping our butts :shock:

vaughan
09-03-2006, 12:50 PM
OK but for starters I'll put the Dell P3 750 on Riesel Sieve. :?

LeBo
09-04-2006, 02:15 PM
We have been passed by B@A. Their whole team must be crunching RS. If only our whole team was crunching RS

Nflight
09-04-2006, 02:38 PM
In recent average credit yes B@A has passed us, but we measure the actual figures with total points, So B@A has a ways to go before they pass us!

Empty_5oul
09-04-2006, 08:38 PM
im impressed with the stability of the project considering it is still only rated as beta. I have had no problems as of yet, a few times today i noticed ym queue was building as it couldnt connect but after a WU or two it would work fine again.

Im hoping our RAC will rise over the next few days as we have a few new crunchers here.

Lagu
09-04-2006, 09:05 PM
I have my Compaq 5126 EA and I will test it and see how it performs i Reisel Sieve. Then I have 2 computers fighting against the Aussies. My AMD64 takes 26 min/work units.

Lagu :cool:

vaughan
09-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Ggrrrr! hate this 3rd world country I live in. We had yet another power blackout tonight so I had all systems down for 3½ hours.

Murray
09-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Ggrrrr! hate this 3rd world country I live in. We had yet another power blackout tonight so I had all systems down for 3½ hours.

Haha, Aus. is not third world dude :D If Aus. is third world...wht is South Africa?

Nflight
09-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Since South Africa is able to generate its own liquid fuels from its own source of coal, I would classify South Africa as far above even the USA. Australia is having growing pains at the moment, as they evolve into solar and wind power generation to even out demand of electricity they will shine as South Africa Shines.

That is my personal stance on where South Africa Stands, Your comments!

AMDave
09-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Time to snooker the 3 of you ;) Last I checked we hadn't colonized Mars yet, so we are all stuck with the 1st world. This one. It's the only one we got atm. :lol:

We need to do something radical here with numbers. They have more active members than we do and are bearing down like the li'l engin' that could.

Suggestions?

Nflight
09-07-2006, 01:47 PM
I just spent the last few minutes attempting to join, I failed miserably, any suggestions as to how I can help the team effort?

This link does not allow new creation of accounts: http://boinc.rieselsieve.com/orig/home.php

:?: :-(

Edit for spelling errors

Empty_5oul
09-07-2006, 02:06 PM
nflight open boinc manager ---> tools ---> attach to project. enter the URL and then your details.
Make sure you manually join our team tho! - I dont think you cant join the project form the website or the team link.

Beerknurd
09-07-2006, 02:40 PM

I hear ya... My wife tried to install a ceiling fan yesterday morning... She flipped off the breaker switch in our second and third bedrooms, and my computers went down. 8 hours later I got home. My PC's were off for that whole time... :cry:

Beerknurd
09-07-2006, 02:42 PM
nflight open boinc manager ---> tools ---> attach to project. enter the URL and then your details.
Make sure you manually join our team tho! - I dont think you cant join the project form the website or the team link.

Yea, you have to make an account through the Boinc client. Then go to the website, log in, and then join our team.

Nflight
09-07-2006, 04:15 PM
10-4 mission accomplished, I am in but I will not be able to start on the Wu's till sometime tomorrow. Yellow Jersey insight, then I will drop one system to the BRS project. :cool:

Beerknurd
09-07-2006, 04:40 PM
I have given Nflight the ok for the yellow jersey in uFluids... I am crunching BRS full time.

Lagu
09-07-2006, 05:39 PM

I believe you should say you hate your fellows in Boinc Australia as is running Sieve. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you wish to have a stable electric net immigrate to Sweden. My computers have not been down for years due to an electrical problem.

Lagu :D

Brucifer
09-07-2006, 06:08 PM
yeh, don't go thinking that it is only an alleged "third world" issue..... My power gets dropped all too frequently here in the US of A. So you're not the only "special" person here! :D

NeoGen
09-07-2006, 07:39 PM
I guess I'm lucky compared to you guys... power only fails on average twice a year for me. :)
There's always the occasional power failure when we at home plug too many things that suck too much power at the same time... like heaters along with the washing machines and combinations like that... but I guess that is our own fault :roll:

Steve Lux
09-07-2006, 11:43 PM
Every few years I lose power for a few days. Usually at winter due to an unusual ice storm or late summer due to a hurricane or some such. Winter before last I lost power for four days. I have an over-sized UPS that can keep my system going for almost an hour if I turn all peripherals off. But then if I get desperate I can pull my truck up to the house I have a 2500 watt inverter that is handy in emergencies to keep the fridge, the computer and the fan on the gas heater going - you know, the essencials.

AMDave
09-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Side Note - I thought I'd be apologizing to vaughan for being contrite in this thread but it seems that power companies all over the world need to reform their delivery processes. It seems that Uncle Zap doesn't care enough for the family so lets cut him out by voting with our feet and dumping off all our power Co. shares. (As if I had any to begin with - rubbish investment atm)

It's funny though, I thought I'd have copped some feedback on the topical comment
We need to do something radical here with numbers. which had me giggling for ages :lol:

Incidentally, my AMD Linux boxen are starved in this endeavor and my Intel Win$ box is rubbish at it so I am now backfilling in other projects elsewhere. Should I win the lottery this weekend, you'll see the evidence in the stats, but otherwise I must offer up the best I have, my encouragement:

GO TEAM ! GO !

Nflight
09-08-2006, 01:16 PM
I am at 24 minutes a work unit, I have 6 more ufluid WU's to crunch then it is full steam 4200+ working continuous on the project. I could probably reduce the time to 20 to 21 minutes if I work at OCing the system a bit, but this could mean I would be offline tweaking the machine and lose valuable time crunching. Oh the dilemma!

Please welcome "Wildcat" to the Project :!:

Please no applause just throw money \:D/

AMDave
09-08-2006, 02:04 PM
Jealousy does not become me. I was at around 92 minutes per WU :mad:

WELCOME WILDCAT!
:wav:

PS - But I do throw money. Loads of it, in fact. But my wife is REALLY good at catching it :D and she has the unfair advantage of being right here :lol: (Managed to have a couple at the boozer tonight with the lads, though :P ).

Fire 'em up Nflight! :twisted: You're doing great.

Beerknurd
09-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Nflight, just get enough to pass me in uFluids. I promise I won't run it until the BRS threat is over. I'll let you have 1st for a while. So once you pass me come on over to BRS. We need you!!!!

steinfal
09-08-2006, 03:07 PM
"More pressure in the rear?"

What kind of website do you think you are on hear buddy? I hear dateline NBC knocking on your door right now. :shock:

Beerknurd
09-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Is anyone else getting error messages in BRS? I am getting:

9/8/2006 10:12:35 AM|Riesel Sieve Project|No start tag in scheduler reply
9/8/2006 10:12:35 AM|Riesel Sieve Project|Can't parse scheduler reply
9/8/2006 10:12:35 AM|Riesel Sieve Project|Deferring scheduler requests for 43 minutes and 10 seconds

Nflight
09-08-2006, 03:30 PM
I just started getting these error messages right before BRS crashed my system not once but 4 times. Sorry Folks, I can't run that particular boinc. and Yes I kept seeing that mention of: No start tag in scheduler reply, Can't parse scheduler reply, Deferring scheduler requests for 12 years 4 months 3 days 43 minutes and 10 seconds.

I have put the machine back on ufluids till I can reattach, oh yea since this started I can't reattach. I have done everything I can including reset the project, and abort all WU's that were showing downloading status but weren't really downloading. I may have crashed the entire project with my resetting the project? Just call me party crasher! Oops :cry: :shock:

Edit: This suddenly showed up on the main page~!
http://boinc.rieselsieve.com/orig/home.php

Unable to connect to database - please try again later Error: 2013Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Beerknurd
09-08-2006, 03:44 PM
I give BRS credit.... I think this is the first time it has gone down... Not bad...

Empty_5oul
09-08-2006, 04:10 PM
it is still only a beta though so cant really complain.

I have seen the red error messages once or twice in the boinc manager where it cant connect. but it is usally back within an hour or so.

Beerknurd
09-08-2006, 04:14 PM
I am about to go to work... I wonder if I should move to another project until I get back home.... Maybe I'll run Ubero... :lol: It's been a while....

Nflight
09-08-2006, 06:35 PM
You were doing really well in Tanpaku Beerknurd then you stopped.

I really think I broke the project, did you see the numbers on the graphs?
http://boinc.rieselsieve.com/?charts
Second chart from the top, as soon as I hit reset the project went capluey!

I was just joking around, but I guess I really did break it? Sorry everyone! :cry:

Empty_5oul
09-08-2006, 06:57 PM
probably something related to this:

2006-09-05 19:57:40 UTC Database Issues Last 48 Hours
Over the last two days, there has been a huge increase in "Results in Progress", followed by a large drop this evening. This, and several other problems, have been due to the load & DB issues we've had over the last 2-3 days, which are now resolved.

We tested a new Linux and BSD application, but when I removed the DB entries, any host on Linux or BSD attempted to grab work with no application to crunch with. These WU's were not reported back, which lead to a bigger and bigger (9,100+) queue of WU's that were doing nothing. They have all been invalidated, and Linux/BSD clients cannot get more work right now.

Additionally, there is a large amount (probably close to 5000) of "phantom" workunits out as well. This is because of connection timeouts, etc. that we had when the load was spiking. The server assigned the work, but the client never got it. I'm looking into implementing a server-side check to confirm work is present, but in the mean time, things will just drop out on their own.

Thanks for your patience - it's been a bumpy couple of days, but things seem to be back to normal.

so far they have also fixed problems quickly and efficiently. I have been highly impressed with the speed they moved to boinc and how they have adapted since.
Plus we have our rank#1 to defend (or try!).

Nflight
09-08-2006, 08:01 PM
I have re-attached: But wait theres more: Behind door #1 there is a New Car! Oops wrong forum.....

Errors again in the bellfree,

9/8/2006 3:53:54 PM|Riesel Sieve Project|signature verification failed for riesel_wrapper_5.27_windows_intelx86.exe
9/8/2006 3:53:54 PM|Riesel Sieve Project|Checksum or signature error for riesel_wrapper_5.27_windows_intelx86.exe
9/8/2006 3:53:55 PM|Riesel Sieve Project|Unrecoverable error for result riesel-sieve_288331_0 (app_version download error: couldn't get input files:<file_xfer_error> <file_name>riesel_wrapper_5.27_windows_intelx86.exe</file_name> <error_code>-120</error_code> <error_message>signature verification failed</error_message></file_xfer_error>)
9/8/2006 3:53:55 PM|Riesel Sieve Project|Unrecoverable error for result riesel-sieve_288332_0 (app_version download error: couldn't get input files:<file_xfer_error> <file_name>riesel_wrapper_5.27_windows_intelx86.exe</file_name> <error_code>-120</error_code> <error_message>signature verification failed</error_message></file_xfer_error>)
9/8/2006 3:53:55 PM|Riesel Sieve Project|Unrecoverable error for result riesel-sieve_288333_0 (app_version download error: couldn't get input files:<file_xfer_error> <file_name>riesel_wrapper_5.27_windows_intelx86.exe</file_name> <error_code>-120</error_code> <error_message>signature verification failed</error_message></file_xfer_error>)
9/8/2006 3:53:55 PM|Riesel Sieve Project|Unrecoverable error for result riesel-sieve_288334_0 (app_version download error: couldn't get input files:<file_xfer_error> <file_name>riesel_wrapper_5.27_windows_intelx86.exe</file_name> <error_code>-120</error_code> <error_message>signature verification failed</error_message></file_xfer_error>)
9/8/2006 3:53:55 PM|Riesel Sieve Project|Unrecoverable error for result riesel-sieve_288335_0 (app_version download error: couldn't get input files:<file_xfer_error> <file_name>riesel_wrapper_5.27_windows_intelx86.exe</file_name> <error_code>-120</error_code> <error_message>signature verification failed</error_message></file_xfer_error>)

9/8/2006 3:54:55 PM|Riesel Sieve Project|Fetching master file
9/8/2006 3:55:00 PM|Riesel Sieve Project|Master file download succeeded
9/8/2006 3:55:05 PM|Riesel Sieve Project|Sending scheduler request to http://boinc.rieselsieve.com/cgi/index.cgi
9/8/2006 3:55:05 PM|Riesel Sieve Project|Reason: To fetch work
9/8/2006 3:55:05 PM|Riesel Sieve Project|Requesting 17280 seconds of new work, and reporting 12 results
9/8/2006 3:55:25 PM|Riesel Sieve Project|Scheduler request to http://boinc.rieselsieve.com/cgi/index.cgi succeeded
9/8/2006 3:55:25 PM|Riesel Sieve Project|Message from server: Daily quota (1) exceeded.
9/8/2006 3:55:25 PM|Riesel Sieve Project|No work from project

This is the repeating message (3 times and counting)- 9/8/2006 3:57:35 PM|Riesel Sieve Project|Message from server: Daily quota (2) exceeded.

Nflight
09-09-2006, 02:55 AM
I am thinking if someone can get ahold of AquaJoe we might have a chance! With a farm of some 36 machines he could really make a dent ! !

I will do my best in doing some recruiting in the next few days, by tomorrow afternoon I should have both Rocketship and Wildcat. I hate to move Rocketship because I have the third highest RAC in ufluids with over 815 a day. But this is important to Vaughan and the Team in general.
Let me talk to The Pheonix and Dave Mitchell, and maybe I can ruffle Chris Cicides particiaption.
You never know I might be able to call up old Mitro from the ashes....~~ :!:

Beerknurd
09-09-2006, 04:39 AM
Ok, I am home from work finally. I am running Riesel Sieve again.

dAVE
09-09-2006, 08:55 AM
They are doing some changes to the server line up at RS this weekend. On past experience it might be an idea to up your caches to 2 days whilst we can still connect. :twisted: dAVE.

vaughan
09-09-2006, 09:05 AM
I have changed mine from 4 days to 5 days and still have difficulty keeping the work up to the A64 4600. In contrast my T2300 laptop has several pages of work cached. I still don't understand how BOINC works, I just keep running it. Both boxes on 5.4.9 with crunch3rs 5.5.0 turbo-boost applied.

My output might drop again. We just had another 3 hour power outage and the xp3200+ won't boot now. That's 2 PCs in a week that have died on me; must be working 'em too hard. Have to buy some more next week.

Empty_5oul
09-09-2006, 09:55 AM
thanks dave. i put mine uplast night after the connection errors.

dAVE
09-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Vaughan, I see what you mean. Is there any chance that the A64 4600 is set to a different location (i.e. Home, School or Work) to the T2300 and that the connect interval in the preference for that location is lower? The location specific preferences take precedence over the general preferences. dAVE

Shadowcats
09-09-2006, 11:58 AM
Just dropping in to say G'day to all here and this is fun watching both teams. :D
We are all helping the Project and thats the main thing in the end right? ;)
But good luck trying to stay Num 1. :)
Cats

Empty_5oul
09-09-2006, 11:58 AM
good point dave.
vaughan - make sure you click update and that in the messages your new preferences appear. IT has a time stamp so its easy to tell.

NeoGen
09-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Just dropping in to say G'day to all here and this is fun watching both teams. :D
Cats
Welcome to the forums Cats! :)

Our teams together are really pushing it on this project, pity that they haven't got an LLR client working yet, or we could even find a new prime.

LeBo
09-09-2006, 01:37 PM
Cats
Welcome to the forums Cats! :)

Our teams together are really pushing it on this project, pity that they haven't got an LLR client working yet, or we could even find a new prime.

That would be neat finding primes, can't wait :cool:

chaz
09-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Sorry guys, I have been working alot, and DC'ing has dropped from my list of priorities, but I'll see what I can do to resurrect what remains of the farm.

NeoGen
09-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Welcome back Chaz!!! :D

We had a Boinc Championship a couple of months ago. You should have been here with your farm, it was alot of fun. :)
I don't know if you've been coming around but there are dozens of new projects since the last time I remember you being around... there's on average 2 new projects every month, almost always boinc ones. Boinc has evolved alot since the old days, it's ok to run it now... :lol:

If you could install it there on the farm and run riesel sieve (boinc) on it, we'd appreciate alot. There's an aussie team trying to take away our #1 rank on that project :P

Lagu
09-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Welcome back Chaz!

It wasn´t yesterday I notised you in the forum :)

Glad you are back again. :!:

Lagu :D

gatekeeper53
09-09-2006, 08:35 PM
I have a question: In a few hours yesterday and today I have crunched some WU's on the RieselSieve project I have 458.74 credits w/42.72 RAC on another machine I have 45.78 credits w/3.81 RAC on the third machine however I have 162.07 credits and only 4.92 RAC. The rest seem to get a little under 10% RAC yet this one is only returning about 3%. Any ideas as to why? All work has been done in the last 24 hours.

Name Recent average credit Total credit CPU type Operating system Results Last contact
3315 terry-754751da2 42.72 458.74 AuthenticAMD
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ Microsoft Windows XP
Professional Edition, Service Pack 2, (05.01.2600.00) 66 9 Sep 2006 20:07:14 UTC

3321 jennifer 4.92 162.07 AuthenticAMD
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+ Microsoft Windows XP
Professional Edition, Service Pack 2, (05.01.2600.00) 24 9 Sep 2006 20:06:41 UTC

3339 Ryan 3.81 45.78 AuthenticAMD
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+ Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition, Service Pack 2, (05.01.2600.00) 7 9 Sep 2006 20:04:18 UTC

NeoGen
09-09-2006, 08:50 PM
The RAC formula is a bit dodgy, I never understood it myself. I think it's a kind of average of the work done in the recent past, but with no upper bounds, it keeps on increasing as long as you keep on returning workunits.
It might have to do with the time the machine takes to report the workunits, or the time they take to get validated... I'm just guessing. Assuming it's a kind of average then if the workunits take more time to get reported/validated your average doesn't go up as fast.

But don't worry about that too much. I never understood why they came up with the RAC thing when they could have done a simple plain weekly average or something like that...
What it really counts for us to brag against each others is the total credit. :P

gatekeeper53
09-09-2006, 09:28 PM
Ok Neo thanks for the reply. I really don't care about the "score" it's just that if something is "different" with puters I find it normally means trouble. Kind of like the mirror of the definition of insanity. Keep doing different things and expect the same result. You have a good one and Happy Crunching

Lagu
09-09-2006, 11:47 PM
I´ve tried to upload my work in RS but I got an server issue saying the server is owerloaded (300 something) and I must wait to it is at least 15??

I can not upload either download any task :cry:

Lagu

dAVE
09-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Lagu, their servers are down for maintenance, they hope to be back up at 00.30 UTC, in half an hours time. They are also hoping to put in a new server in the next few days which should make connecting to the project better than it has been lately. dAVE.
Edit, Just had a look at the site, he has got 350+ trying to connect and has had to take it down to sort it out. Hope everyone has a full cache, night all, dAVE.

Lagu
09-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Tanks dAVE!

Lagu ;)

gamer007
09-10-2006, 12:27 AM
The one time I put my cache back down to 0.1 days. :cry:

Nflight
09-10-2006, 04:03 PM
As I scamper along these here back roads, I seem to have come across an Australian looking playful varmit called a meerkat. They are such nice looking playful almost smiling at you on the tele on the Discovery Channel these few days I have seen them. But, alas mates there is one in my path, shall I yeild to the smiling friendly playful animal or shall I squish him like the road kill here in the states?

Hence my distinguished analogy in BSR equates to:

Meerkat ranked #171
Nflight ranked #173

Shall I swerve and miss the critter, or shall I close my eyes and pray he goes to heaven as I drive straight over him? ( I do have a thing for animals ya see) :roll:

Nflight
09-10-2006, 04:12 PM
I have this new digital guidance device called a Tom Tom GPS Car Navigation system installed with the Animal description package. You see it describes all the neat mammals and other things I come across in my travels.

I see up ahead there is something called a "Jacko" Just what the heck is that per say? Anything like a Jackalope here in North America?

***Oh Yea I swerved for the Meerkat***

;)

Murray
09-10-2006, 04:35 PM
"More pressure in the rear?"

What kind of website do you think you are on hear buddy? I hear dateline NBC knocking on your door right now. :shock:

Lol, its the product of a good education and a grasp of the english language...rofl :evil3:

Empty_5oul
09-10-2006, 04:54 PM
keep up the good work Nflight :D

Nflight
09-10-2006, 04:57 PM
We broke 400,000 Points !~!~! :!: ~ :!: ~ :!:

Murray
09-10-2006, 05:06 PM

Welldone everyone!!!

I recently read in the Team Australia (or whatever they call themselves) forum that thier "Aussie Assualts" only last 15 days or so...they started on the first so if we can hold out till the 15th we will still be number 1.

There is currently a 60,000 credit buffer between us and them. However if they do take us over...their curching is short term...they will move off and we will take top spot again :cool:

LeBo
09-10-2006, 05:43 PM

WTG Team Mates
:D

Nflight
09-11-2006, 12:40 PM
A bug in the php has been found that causes the RAC value to be so low or even worse go down for some of you. Today they will be addressing that issue, don't expect a quick resolve, but they know about it.

Looking over the Teams sudden efforts it seems we actually stayed with the competition for one whole day. We have 5 days left according to someone elses veiwing of the B@A's attack scheme. If that holds true and we don't lose electricity in any part of this crunching team effort I beleive we will remain #1.

Great Job everyone :notworthy:

DMMc
09-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Bringing as many systems as I can access online for this project.

Empty_5oul
09-11-2006, 05:45 PM
DMMc - excellent thanks :D

nflight - where did you find that out? I dont see anything on the front page, is it in the forums?

Murray
09-11-2006, 05:52 PM
nflight - where did you find that out? I dont see anything on the front page, is it in the forums?

I read it on the BOINC Riesel forum...

Have a look at yesterdays performance... we actually beat them http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamrank.php?proj=rsi&team=Boinc%40Australia

Nflight
09-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Empty_5oul I read it on the message boards and conversed it directly with Bryan too.

Murray I like this link too:
http://stats.free-dc.org/new/allusers.php?proj=rsi&orderby=d1&direction=DESC
This link shows "Yesterdays Total" assault. Just about every in the top 25 is Amdusers or those other guys.

This link is a Team Stats coverage (scroll down for the complete details):
http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=rsi&team=AMD+Users

Nflight
09-15-2006, 01:15 PM
From the Boinc @ Australia Web Site

BOINC@Australia Team News

AA3 finished, 40 million overall

**** Our third Aussie Assault is over. We made it to #2 in the world - a great team effort.

It was great to have close contact with Bryan, one of the project's administrators.

Meanwhile we are closing in on #30 rank overall with over 40 million credits in all projects combined and made it to 10 million credits in CPDN!

Thu, 14 Sep 2006 23:00 +0800

vaughan
09-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Greetings to all the Boinc Australia visitors :drinking: who come and visit our forums. :hello1:

The last couple of weeks have been good fun and the BOINC Riesel Sieve project has been given a good workout. :sad4:

LeBo
09-15-2006, 08:35 PM
"the BOINC Riesel Sieve project has been given a good workout."

Hey Vaughan that is an under statement.

gatekeeper53
09-15-2006, 09:47 PM
lol Maybe now Bryan can get moved and put away the Rolaids.

bryanRS
09-16-2006, 04:37 AM
lol Maybe now Bryan can get moved and put away the Rolaids.

Moving has to wait for next weekend - the home builder messed up some regulatory paperwork, so the closing was pushed off :evil: - so it was quite a long week with both the issues we had at BRS and dealing with the builder, the realtor, utilities, etc - not good timing at all. But this weekend/week is looking up :D

Empty_5oul
09-16-2006, 06:50 PM
out of the top 5 participants for today, 4 of them are AMD Users. :D

way to go team :thumbleft:

Murray
09-18-2006, 10:22 AM
It really does look like the Aussie Assualt is pretty much over and their output is droping off quite a bit...so lets just hold thumbs and keep on going :lol:

naglinator
09-18-2006, 10:42 PM
so far 2day ive done 65 and i have a fairly fast computer so it isnt much of a problem

Brucifer
09-19-2006, 04:51 PM
How does this project do on linux as compared to windows? ie is there a heavy performance penalty for running linux?

bryanRS
09-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Brucifer,

Right now, there's a 100% performance penalty for running Linux/BSD - I can't get the client to compile yet :cry: But, I'm working on it, and hope to have it done soon - just a lot of other stuff going on (personally), so it's an "as available" thing right now.

If anyone is good with C++ on Linux/BSD and would like to contribute, feel free to PM/email.

Brucifer
09-20-2006, 04:51 PM
If I was a c/c++ programmer I'd definitely help, but I'm not. :(

vaughan
09-20-2006, 11:16 PM
I agree Bruce. At programming I'd rate myself a Z- ;)