PDA

View Full Version : Importantance of being on time

gatekeeper53
09-12-2006, 04:43 PM
A priest was being honored at his retirement dinner after 25 years serving the parish.

A prominent local politician and member of the congregation was chosen to make the presentation

and give a little speech at the dinner. He was late, so the priest decided to say his own few
words while they waited.

"I got my first impression of the parish from the very first confession I heard here. I thought I had been

assigned to a terrible place. The very first person who entered my confessional told me he had stolen a

television set and, when questioned by the police, was able to lie his way out of it. He had stolen money

from his parents, embezzled from his employer, had an affair with his boss's wife, taken illegal drugs, and

gave VD to his sister. I was appalled. But as the days went by I knew that my people were not all like that

and I had, indeed, come to a fine parish full of good and loving people.".....

Just as the priest finished his talk, the politician arrived full of apologies for being late. He immediately launched

into his presentation.

"I'll never forget the first day our parish priest arrived," said the politician. "In fact, I had the honour of being the

very first person to go to him for confession."

Moral: DON'T EVER BE LATE FOR A MEETING.

LeBo
09-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Politician huh? Who would have guessed ? Hehe

Steve Lux
09-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Apparently not a very good Priest either. I'm no Catholic, but even an unrepentant damned-to-hell sinner like me knows they aren't supposed to divulge what is said in a confessional.

Beerknurd
09-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Apparently not a very good Priest either. I'm no Catholic, but even an unrepentant damned-to-hell sinner like me knows they aren't supposed to divulge what is said in a confessional.

very true, but they can tell authorities if it puts people in danger. Shrinks have doctor patient confidentiality, but not if that person is going to endanger themselves or other people. Then they are obligated to let authorities know. If not, they can be tied in with the crime as accessories. (sp?)

dAVE
09-13-2006, 12:31 AM
When I was young I spent an alcoholic 12 hours with a Catholic Priest.
H e didn’t tell me when, where or, unfortunately, who- but he did tell me how! What a revelation, I may not have the slightest clue about how women think but I do now have an idea of which buttons to press! What a pity the man was celibate, he could have been a modern day Don Juan.
dAVE

:twisted:

gatekeeper53
09-13-2006, 01:05 AM
It's just a joke. But as to the Priest: he didn't do anything wrong. He just told a story as a way of explaining the feelings he had started out with and how they had ended up. He put not a name or a face to the despicable first confession. As usual a politician slides and the preacher draws a jab. lol And no I'm not Catholic or even christian. My dad used to tell me that the two biggest fiction shows were on TV on Sunday morning: Wrestling and TV Preachers. This was many years ago when wrestling was only on TV on Sunday morning. The old Wrestling at the Chase in St. Louis. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against any form of religion until it knocks on my door and wants to talk to me for 3 hours.[/i]