PDA

View Full Version : Toro grasscutter

Lagu
09-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Guys

Can any of you help me? The background:

I friend of mine has a cutter named Toro as he sit upon when he cut the grass. The right hand side Spherical bushing has been wearer and he can no longer use his cutter.

I’ve been searching after that detail and found it on www.psep.biz/store_mower_bearings.htm It has 3 number, the first begins with 12-8789.

The detail is made in USA by Triangle MDG Oshkosh Co Wisconsin. I have tried to find it on a Swedish site but failed.

The Type is Toro Kab P-2 (Made in England)
Nr: 190 243 271
(Homolounge Cemagret)

I have some difficulties when I want to know how much Inch is in cm. For example:
ID = 7/8”
OD= 1 11/16”
LTH/HT= 1.1/4”

The external circle is 16,5 cm
The inner circle is 8,9-9.0 cm

If it had been 1 Inch it should be simple to calculate.

Can anyone tell me what ID, OD and Spherical bushing means: The Spherical bushing is a nearly round metallic ball as will lie in a cradle when it is mounted on the drive axle.

Lagu

dAVE
09-13-2006, 09:21 PM
Lagu,

In your example:
ID = 7/8”
OD= 1 11/16”
LTH/HT= 1.1/4”

ID is the inside diameter (the hole) of the bush (22.225mm). OT means the outside diameter of the bush (42.8625mm) I’m afraid I have no idea of LHT/HT but the conversion is 31.75mm.

For this bit the conversions are:

The external circle is 16,5 cm (6.49605 inches)
The inner circle is 8,9-9.0 cm (3.50395ins to 3.5433ins)

For the last part
ID is the inside diameter (the hole) of the bush.
OT means the outside diameter of the bush.
A spherical bushing is just what you describe, a ball with a hole in it. It is used because the mountings on either side do not need to be accurately lined up and the axel that runs in them can be slightly bent without problems, The bushes twist in their housings as the cutter rotates to keep the alignment.
Hope that helps,
dAVE.

Big Whiskey
09-13-2006, 10:14 PM
have you checked with bearing suppliers in your area
they may have an equavilant from another manufactor

This is the only Toro distributor I found from their website in SwedenToro Sweden (http://www.toro.com/apps/distributor/distlocator.jsp), your friend may have to order from them.

the H/T is height , they chamfer the metal around the hole the shaft inserts through because the metal will wear away anyways

Lagu
09-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Thank you dAVE and Big Whiskey!

I think the Swedish website you Big found can be the solution. In Sundsvall, Sweden we have no salesman or service. The nearest is 6 mil nort of Sundsvall. I will E-mail them asking if they can help him.

I searced after Toro lager (Swedish word for bearing) and got 0 hits. Searcing after Toro bearing was eisier to find but in USA.

Thank you both once again.
Lagu :D